White Christmas & Vintage Santas

Well my Christmas canvas crafts of a White Christmas and Vintage chalkware Santas are finished. I wish I had ordered more chalkware Santas to paint and coat with glitter...I could have painted lots more before I got bored. I felt like I was in Santa's workshop with all of them lined up.

Painting Santas
Before I wrapped these to give to my mom and my sister, Susan I thought I would take a photo. I found really nice silver easels in the Christmas Tree shop. I love the way the canvas looks sitting on an easel, and I thought it would be easier to display them.

Painting SantaI am leaving for Vermont with my daughter Ashley and her friend to meet my sister Susan to spend some time with our mother. We'll come back Sunday evening. When I return I'll be making just a few more White Christmas canvases and easels for friends and my sister, Lynne.

The best part of Christmas is designing special things to make for loved ones.


I just love Christmas, especially white ones. Best part of living in New England is that you can pretty much count on snow sometime around Christmas. Let's hope we have a white Christmas Eve. If you haven't already, please visit my Christmas Place...it's filled with stories, artwork and ideas for the holidays.




Don't you just love Louis Armstrong? I do, his voice makes me think of romantic movies like Sleepless in Seattle. The song for this post is White Christmas sung by Louis. Blessings, Karen
Mary said...

Dear Karen, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your Santas are beautiful -- just the thing to put me in the mood for the coming season. :) Enjoy Vermont!
xoxo,
Mary

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Karen!
Love your Santas!! So cute. Hope you have a wonderful time on your little trip...
Penny

kari and kijsa said...

WOW....this is truly lovely....you are really talented! Thanks for the sweet comments on our blog!

Have a very blessed day!

smiles, kari and kijsa

tea time and roses said...

Karen this my second comment, I am not sure if my first one was ok...you know how blogger can be sometimes LOL!

Everything is just beautiful! Your whole blog says Christmas is here. You have a wonderful and safe trip.

Hugs to you...

Beverly

Teresa said...

Your Santas are just beautiful, as is your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,

This is so nice!

Love,
Susan

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -