Sunday Blessing

beach black and white

I believe in the power of prayer, but sometimes I don’t know the exact words to pray for someone else. One day I received a beautiful prayer through listening to a sermon. The pastor pointed the way to this glorious prayer, and I felt alive in the power of that prayer. Between knowing the exact words to bless my beloveds and being able to stand on the Words right out of the Bible, I felt His strength in every word. I promise to pray this prayer every day.

Sunset Over Old Silver Beach

There is power in the Word of God, and when we say these words, we know that God will answer our prayer and that by saying this prayer we have surrendered the outcome to God.

Beauty

In the book of Colossians we read about Thanksgiving and Prayer, and this beautiful prayer. You can substitute the person’s name when you read the word “you”. I say this prayer for my children every day.

Sunset Over Old Silver Beach




“Because of this, since the day we heard about you, we have continued praying for you asking God that you will know fully what he wanted. We pray that you will also have great wisdom and understanding in spiritual things, so that you will live the kind of life that honors and pleases the Lord in every way. You will produce fruit in every good work and grow in the knowledge of God.

God will strengthen you with his own great power so that you, will not give up when troubles come but you will be patient. And you will joyfully give thanks to the Father who has made you able to have a share in all that he has prepared for his people in the kingdom of light. God has freed us from the power of darkness and he has brought us into the kingdom of his dear Son. The Son paid for our sins and in him we have forgiveness.”


Colossians I verses 9-14


sunset at old silver beach

If I could give you a blessing today it would be that I know Jesus will strengthen you when you say this prayer, and whoever you are praying for will receive new guidance. He will shed clarity on all the decisions that you and the person you are praying for need to make.

Gliding on the sunset

He will mark His path with diamonds that will reflect His will for your lives. He will give you His blessings and you and your beloveds will have God’s favor shining on your every step. Expect great miracles for the Holy Spirit to brighten your thoughts and to renew your mind.

Sunset Over Old Silver Beach

The song for this post is On My Knees. These days I find myself surrendering more and praying often.

My creation
WillowLakeScents said...

Beautiful pictures & wonderful prayer ! Thanks for sharing.

Blondie's Journal said...

Karen,

This was a wonderful post to wake up to this Sunday morning. The prayer is truly inspirational and I thank you.

xoxo
Jane

Kathleen said...

Hi Karen, this is a beautiful prayer, and I am going to copy it. I, too, find words difficult at times, and this is just what I want to say. Hugs, Kathleen

xashee's corner said...

BEAUTIFUL! i pray probably four times a day but this one is a BEAUTY!
Thank you so much for another peaceful journey! :D Hope you have a SUPER Sunday!

Cherrie said...

Beautiful Post!

Vee said...

Thank you for this, Karen. Word has just come to me of a great difficulty in a dear friend's life and I have put off responding not knowing what to say. You've given me some comforting words to share.

RobinfromCA said...

Beautiful photos of the gifts we've been given by a loving God.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Karen, thank you for generously sharing your blessings.

Anonymous said...

SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DEVOTIONAL ON PRAYER.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING IT.
BLESSINGS
debbie

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -