Down The Rabbit Hole Again

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland wall hanging







just got my fabric order from Spoonflower Fabric.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland wall hanging

Karla's Alice swap threeI designed this fabric using my Antique print,

painting-the-roses-red-gift-box-for-etsy

DSC04828which I restored from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, 1867.

Alice Down The Rabbit Hole wall hanging

Karla's alice swap mat hatter teaThe fabric was ordered in a centered image, printed on a fat quarter of linen canvas fabric.

Alice Down The Rabbit Hole wall hanging

Karla's Alice swap fourThen I created this wall hanging.

Alice Down The Rabbit Hole wall hanging

alice-restored-on-shadow-box-backgroundThe fabric is rotated so that a full fat quarter of fabric can create this wall hanging or large pillow. If you click on this image, you can see it displayed in fabric.

Alice Down The Rabbit Hole, Wall Hanging

Karla's Alice Swap 2Thinking about nursery rhymes and children's rooms decorated in the magic of Alice. This Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star sung by Jewel, captured the magic I can imagine.

alice-down-the-rabbit-hole-with-frame-and-words

My creation
fawndear said...

Incredible! Love your Alice Print.

A Tale of Two Cities said...

I agree--a children's room with an Alice theme would be quite magical. How clever!

Debi

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Wow. I hope others will go to check out the rest of your gorgeous designs Karen, as I have had the priviledge of doing! I am going to have to wait until the next paycheck to send you what is necessary to get my fabric rolling....I had to get some other things in order first but at the end of the month it will come. I can't wait. This is a magnificent result of your hard work and courage to try and get your work available to the public. What a masterpiece!

Many thanks dearest one! Anita

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Oh Karen what a wonderful design and fabric.
I didn't know an artist could have their work printed onto fabric, what a fun idea.
I am sure that fabric will be very, very popular.
Alice was one of my childhood favorites so I have loved this new resurgence of the story.
Have a great day!
Tina xo

Victoria said...

Hi Karen...wow..so super fabulous! Just beautifully charming...love all your creations..so fantastic..always magic in the air over here!! awesome post..
Kiki~

Kathleen Grace said...

What an awesome idea Karen! The image is the perfect size for display. Love it!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Karen, that is SO neat! You are a marvel. I love to see what you do.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Ruth Welter said...

Love your fabric wall hanging Karen, just beautiful...you are so creative and talented, you've got a fabulous imagination.

Ruth

My Vintage Studio said...

I have the same book. The artwork is just beautiful!

Your fabric is wonderful.

Wishing you a wonderful day!
Sharon

Georgianna said...

This is fabulous, Karen! I'm really loving reading about your fabric creations – I've known about Spoonflower since they started but hadn't known anyone using them with such creativity. Beautiful! – g

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

How fun Karen! I love this one.....
Hugs,
Penny

brandi said...

~clever and sweet is this you created...l♥ve l♥ve l♥ve what you did...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

HC said...

Utterly lovely. Thank you for sharing the site to <3.
Love your designs, your balloon banner always makes me smile when i pop on your site.
And who could love that Alice design?

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Amazing Karen! such talent in you!
The colors are so pretty and gorgeous.
Have a sweet day,Hugs~Elizabeth

Sarah said...

Karen, this is darling. It would be fun to do a child's room in an Alice theme. You are very talented! ~ Sarah

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

I love the Alice in Wonderland prints. Also, you really created a lovely story with pics about M.B. Linda

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -