Ballerina Inspiration


Little Ballerina


After not feeling well, I finally was able to design some fabric today.  Thank you for your well wishes.

It all started with my original watercolor painting staring at me from across the room.  While I was sick in bed, I browsed stacks of inspirational books and had designs dancing in my head

I have a fabric I call Little Ballerina , and one called Little Ballerina French Script.


Little Ballerina fabric

Browsing fabric stores lately, I noticed that there was not a great selection of Ballet themed fabrics for crafters.  So, I went to my inspiration board and started to plan an idea I had.

Ballerina inspiration board

I designed a Little Ballerina Cut-out Craft kit on Spoonflower Fabrics.

Little Ballerina Craft Kit ingredients


Little Ballerina Cut-out Craft kit
Click on the image to see the Fabric

The kit will give cut-out designs centered on one yard of Quilting Cotton fabric.


Companion Fabrics are also available in my Little Ballerina Collection to offer even more sewing projects for that special little Ballerina.   I will share the fabric when it arrives, maybe I'll even create a Ballet craft to show you.

My treasury is called Lovely Ballerina. Stop by and see all the lovely Ballerinas dancing through this treasury of Ballet finds.

little ballerina inspiration
Today is Pink Saturday, so dance right over and on your toes please, to visit Bev from How Sweet The Sound.
myletterstoemily said...

you are a genius! such an adorable
print for a tote or pillow or bedspread.

Dolores said...

Oh Karen, ballerinas hold a very special spot in my heart. We have a 9 year old granddaughter adopted from China.. She was born with 1/2 an arm, but this precious child exudes with grace and confidence. She takes ballet and has danced in the Houston nutcracker ballet for 3 years .
She is my inspiration, as your beautiful art is my inspiration!
Keeping you always in my thoughts!
Hugs,

Vee said...

So glad that you are feeling better today. This fabric is very sweet and I can see an entire room created for a little ballerina with this as inspiration.

LV said...

If you come up with this great idea while feeling badly, I would like to see what you do wen feeling good. A very nice desgin.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

So sorry to hear that you had a virus and were not feeling well and glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Your ballerina is very sweet and you are so creative and talented in doing this pretty design.
Only yesterday I bought some fabric from the shop with little vintage ballerinas and will have to show you when I make the dress up.

Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Kellie Collis said...

Fabulous! It's a lovely print! Have a delightful weekend, Kellie xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Sweet one,

My job is keeping me from visiting everyone is a timely manner; I see I missed your last post and I am sorry to hear that you were not feeling well! I LOVE YOUR INSPIRATION! AND...I see my dear friend VICKI'S ballerina dress from LILLIPUT LOFT! SHE SENT ME ONE! And it is so magical and gorgeous!!!!

I send you well-wishes for complete recovery, Anita

Sue McPeak said...

Ballerinas are timeless subjects and so many of as little girls wanted to be one. Alas, I never was...something about those shoes. The fabric design is precious...well done! Glad you are feeling better...Happy Pink Saturday!!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Karen,

OH YES! VICKI is one incredible artist and she even put together for me, my new ETSY BANNER! If you get a chance, click on theh Audrey drawing of mine on my sidebar. It will take you to a gallery that I will use to show off my wares. Vicki did the banner for me. She also sent me that little paper dress in turquoise and white, and she is so kind. YOU ARE RIGHT; those colors I love did issue out from the land down under and I just love the Australian crowd. VICKI'S shop is SO MAGICAL as is ALL that you do!

Now, back to the "drawing board" as I prepare some photos for my etsy! Anita

My name is Riet said...

That is just gorgeous. Adorable print for these little ladies. I remember my oldest granddaughter going to balletclass in her pink tutu. LOvely memories.

The Artful Diva said...

Very clever idea!

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love Saturdays, lots of Pinktastic stuff to see. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pink!

My Pink is here, hope you can come by and see. Have a great week weekend!

Unknown said...

She is adorable! Thank you for stopping by and I hope you feel better soon! HPS!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Karen, I have just been scrolling through your blog, drinking up all of your creativity. Love the ballerina print, and how smart to make it with directions for a pillow. I have to ask if the little canopy bed in the next post is your creation. That is just precious. I'm so sorry you've been sick, but glad to hear you are doing better. Thank you for your sweet visit to my blog. I just looked at your Etsy, and I'm loving the "Dancing Elephant" picture. You are so creative. laurie

Victoria Sayer said...

G'day Karen!
I have just read thru your comments...and I am blushing a little. Such lovely words from the Queen of Bloggers, her Highness Anita. I do not know HOW she gets about so 'omnipresent-like'...but I'm so glad she does. ;)
Thanks for following my two blogs and facebook,
it's so nice to see you there!
And, THANKYOU, for featuring one of my 'Papier Boudoir Boutique' paper dresses in your beautiful treasury!!
Don't you just LOVE all things BALLET?? Somethin' kinda wonderfully delightful and elegant fused with sweet whimsy...
I could just imagine you, while on your sick bed... daydreaming up creative new designs, and taking your mind away from feeling unwell. I am so glad that you are feeling better now.

Kathleen Grace said...

Love the idea of a ballerina tote or pillow and I love your design! What a great idea to allow someone a special accessory so easily!

Anonymous said...

Karen, I remember when you first discovered Spoonflower and designed your first fabric....now look at you! Love the ballerinas. :0 xoxo

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -