Catching up

Did I ever tell you that one of my photographs is on the hit show House of Cards?  About two years ago the art department for set design contacted me and asked to purchase this photograph for a new show that was airing soon called House of Cards.



I sent them the file to enlarge to whatever size they wanted, and they wrote back that my photograph would be hanging in one of the offices.  What a thrill it is every time I watch the show, knowing that in one of the offices my photograph is hung on the wall. House of Cards airs on Netflix only.








Springtime in Paris, I was daydreaming recently and used one of my favorite color pallets to create some new designs.

Powder blue, taupe and chocolate brown.


One of my favorite ways to relax is designing a new fabric.

Which always seems to lead to a fabric collection.  I just got back the samples and I am so pleased about the way the layering on this fabric printed.

The collection is called Springtime in Paris and is available on my shop at Spoonflower Fabrics.


Ashley is home from the hospital.  Brayden is a doll.

Brayden's sisters met him for the first time at the hospital.

What a lovely family.


Life back in Massachusetts is finally feeling good.  I am helping Ashley this month and enjoying being back home.





With all this winter weather, I am still lost in Spring daydreams and have designed an Easter Bunny pillow, tote and other products.  Society6 is offering free shipping on my products thru March 9th.

I added the Easter Bunny pillow to my Etsy shop, French Script.

She is an original watercolor painting, I call Easter Bunny.  I took the design and played with my digital paintbox to use a matching fabric design.  I added a little bluebird for fun.

Spring will be here soon, I think.  Meanwhile, we'll keep wishing.




~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so happy for your family! What a blessing a baby is to the whole family. Love your Spring bunny and the photo on the tv show! You're famous!!! Sweet hugs!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Karen, congratulations on a much deserved honor! It doesn't surprise me one bit. Your art is wonderful, and the new creations are so beautiful. You are a very talented lady.

What precious pictures of all of you. Hug the new little grand for me as well as the rest of you.

Enjoy your time with the kids. Which I know you will!

xo

Sheila

A Garden of Threads said...

Congratulations, having one of your photos on TV must be so exciting!!! The addition to your family is so cute. Take care and keep dreaming spring, maybe it will arrive sooner:) Jen

Vee said...

Wonderful photos of you and your family. Ashley's family is adorable. The sisters look smitten!

How cool to sell your photo that way...I must look up House of Cards. Have enjoyed seeing your artwork and fabrics. You are a creative wonder!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WOW KAREN! Lucky you, to have your art recognized in such a way! But you have been working on your skills for years, and sooner or later, this type of recognition comes knocking at your door. So good to see you and the family looks wonderful! Anita

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Karen, I am so happy for you to have your art hanging in the offices of that Netflix show. What an honor and so deserving.
Love the pics of your sweet little family andthe pic of you and baby Brayden.
Enjoy your time in Mass and every blessed moment.
Lovely art for springtime too.
Hugs

Kathleen Grace said...

I am so glad you are enjoying this time with your family back in MA for a while, what a delightful reason to be tgether:>) I love the new fabric collectiom, my favoirite is the layered leaf pattern,stunning! Your designs just get better and better Karen. Enjoy your time with those darling grandbabies!

Kathleen Grace said...

I forgot to say, how cool to have your photo used in a show like that!

Beverly said...

Having your art on a television show is so exciting, and a much deserved compliment to you.

Your designs are wonderful. Oh how seeing all the beautiful fabric designs makes me wish I could sew.

Give your sweet boys a big hug from me.♥

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a nice reason to be in Massachusetts again! Congratulations on your new grandly!

I' ve been watching House of Cards and now I'll be on the lookout for your photograph hanging in one of the offices! So cool, Karen!

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -