Here Comes the Bride

I think that I have mentioned that my daughter, Sarah is getting married this September.  Mike and Sarah got engaged in Disney World last year.


I love the Wedding Song, and it's especially lovely when played by a piano.

Sarah and I went to find her dress several months ago, and the dress arrived.

So, yesterday Sarah invited me, Mike's mom, the bridesmaids and maids-of-honor to see her in THE DRESS.  When Sarah stepped out of the dressing room, she looked radiant in her beautiful dress.  I will share the big reveal on the wedding post.



The girls were also there to try on dresses for the big day.  They were trying on dresses for the bridesmaid and maid-of-honor dresses.  Sarah has chosen her best friend. Amanda and her sister, Ashley to be her maids-of-honor.








It was the second dress that they tried on that looked absolutely lovely on all the the girls.  I'll share them too when I post about the wedding.

Did I tell you that Brayden came along too?



Here are Ashley, Brayden, Sam, Sarah, Amanda, Stephanie and Raelyn.  We finished off the afternoon going out for lunch.



I am linking to Mary's Mosaic Monday today.  Weddings and new babies all in the same year.  What a lovely chapter...



Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It must have been such an exciting day!

Vee said...

Looks like a fun, happy day for everyone! I hope that Brayden isn't going to tell any secrets!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What happy times! Love the sweet paintings you did of the dresses. Enjoy your day my friend!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You've brought back memories of when our two daughters were getting married. It's an exciting and whirlwind time of things to do. It will be fun to see the wedding photos in the fall.

Kathleen Grace said...

Congratulations to Sarah! My Victoria is getting married in August and we just got her dress Friday. Isn't it just one of the most wonderful outings? I look forward to seeing Sarah and the girls in their dresses:>)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congratulations, Karen! I'm sure you are thrilled for your daughter. Wedding dress shopping is such a wonderfully emotional time. When I saw my daughter's dress I cried tears of joy. Enjoy all the wedding planning!

Anonymous said...

Looks like an exciting time...and maybe a bit exhausting too :o)

Celestina Marie said...

Karen what a grand day for all. Sarah is beaming with happiness.
How special to have the new little one there too with Ashley.
I bet the dress and the girls dresses are gorgeous.
Love your art work too.
Enjoy the process Karen~~
XO

Anonymous said...

What a special time for all of you, Karen. I love the pictures, your drawings, and the music is heavenly. Congratulations to all! Can't wait to see more.
xoxo's

"Create Beauty" said...

What a beautiful time for you and your daughter! When our daughter was going to go look at dresses, I was all geared up for an entire day of seeing gorgeous dresses, and then she went and found "The One" at the first shop we visited!!! I suppose that saved us from seeing more expensive ones catching her eye : )

Thanks for sharing the loveliness,
~ Violet

Sarah said...

What special, fun times! Lovely post, Karen.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -