A Book Signing by Susan Branch



My friend Joyce and I went to a book signing at the Best of British shop in Newburyport, Massachusetts to see Susan Branch and have our books signed.



We have met Susan before, and I wrote about it on a post about a book signing at Sandwich Town Hall, hosted by Titcomb's Book Shop.




Best of British surely was the perfect venue to host a book signing for Susan's book, A FINE ROMANCE.


I had ordered my Autumn, From the Heart of Home, 10th anniversary edition and brought it with me to have it signed.  While I was there I bought a few 2015 calendars and two books for Christmas gifts.





This is one of my favorite shops in Newburyport. As soon as Susan and her husband arrived, everyone in the shop broke out with applause.







Susan and Joyce have a chat while she signs a calendar and books.


It is always a pleasure to see Susan at one of her book signings, visit Susan's blog, read one of her books or enjoy her beautiful artwork.  'Til next time...she has a new book that she is working on and I look forward to reading that new book.  And so the romance continues.




~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh how wonderful to get to go see Susan and get your books signed. That would be high on my wish list, too. I have the Autumn book and her latest on my wish list. I love her books and she is the sweetest lady. You are both so beautiful in the photo! Hugs, Diane

Blondie's Journal said...

I envy you getting to meet Susan! I bought her first book when I was newly married and have collected all of them since. She has a wonderful blog. What a great spirit!

That looks like a wonderful shop, Karen! All things British!

Jane xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

First of all dear Karen, I don't know if this charming shop was there when I frequented lovely Newburyport 18 years ago....but what a grand place to GET AWAY.

As for Susan Branch, I still have not read any of her books, but how you describe what she writes about is what we need today. The world NEEDS to sit down, read encouraging stories of the human experience, and become human again. Yes, this is what we need.

Thank you for sharing your heart, always. Anita

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Karen, how wonderful to meet and attend Susan's book signing. The shop looks wonderful!!
Love the pic of you with Susan.
Fun memories to gather for sure!!
Hugs for a blessed week.
XO

Kathleen Grace said...

Oh you lucky girl! I adore Susan Branch and her books and blog. I would so love to get the chance to have some books signed. The shop looks amazing, like someplace I would have to be kicked out of at the end of the night so they could close. Lol. Emma Bridgewater mugs galore! It looks like such a fun place :>)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely visit with Susan, Karen! Thank you so much for sharing all of your photos and memories! I was so fortunate to meet her last September. It was a dream come true! Come visit to see lots of photos and share more happy memories... 'Celebrating Susan!'
♡Dawn

Susan Branch said...

Hi Karen! Thank you for this! I had such a wonderful time at Best of British. It was good to see you again! I'm wondering if it would be OK if I borrowed your photo of me getting out of our van? I'd love to use it on my blog ~ I'll be sure to tell everyone where it came from. Let me know ~ have a wonderful day! Susan

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Hello Karen,

My first time visit. I saw your link on Susan's blog. What a delight for you to have met that dear lady in person!

I was reading your little poster about Susan's blog being a save haven. That's it exactly! That's how I feel too.

I look forward to getting to know you more... I'll visit again soon.

Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places....

Brenda

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -