CREATE CREATE CREATE, a linky, long post

My creation


My creation

I love to see Mr. Cardinal in my garden, but I would really like to see Robins ushering in the Spring.
Cardinal Notes

There is a fire in the fireplace and a beautiful snow scene outside my window, lots of time to dream, create and explore in blogland.

My creation

My creation


This month as I long for Spring, I have been creating up a storm and traveling through blogland looking for inspiration. I have made a few purchases from Etsy and have some wonderful people to share with you.

When I purchased Stampington’s latest edition of The Art of Paper and Mixed Media I was in heaven.

Full of inspiration and wonderful things and then I saw this incredible artwork. Venessa Valencia creates the most magnificent and lovely things. I found her web site which is equally as delightful and called A Fanciful Twist. She has an Etsy Fanciful Twist shop that is so filled with gorgeous inspiration. I popped on her site last night just to see what this creative soul was up to and found a wonderful tutorial on making the most glittery shamrock for St. Patrick’s Day. Her blog, by the way is quite an adventure and equally as creative as her artwork.

Here is the lovely print that I purchased, and even the envelope it came in, was totally adorable...





I have been enjoying the whole concept of Etsy hand-made and especially shopping from people I actually know or know about. My friend Judy of JUJUZ BEADS has just added some lovely new bracelets.




My personal favorite is her little denim number called Denim Delight which would look great with jeans! My sister, Susan is knitting these A-dorable doggie sweaters. She is working on perfecting a little You Tube commercial where she will feature cutie Fiona as her star model. We three are very new to Etsy and I created a little ETSY STREET Mall on my sidebar called INSPIRATIONAL SHOPS ON ETSY STREET. The shops are created using my daughter Sarah's dollhouse that she made and decorated. I changed the colors to suit the shops, added a bit of digital bling and ta dahhhh, a mall was born. There is plenty of parking!

Serendipity Mall






A lovely lady on Etsy named Sadie Lou who is Sadie Lou Who on Etsy, seems to spend so much time promoting everyone, stopped by and invited me to join a group she founded called The Cottage Street Team , which is a made up of wonderful artisans on Etsy who love Cottage style. That is where I discovered Julie from Pieceful Bits and found her lovely little Easter cottages, which I just had to have for Easter.

Easter Cottage



I signed up for Tersea Mc Fayden’s Sweet Bella, which continues to be filled with oodles of inspiration.
Here is a photo of the fussie tussie mussie I learned how to do through her tutorial on Sweet Bella:
fussie tussie mussie

I love tutorials and I find myself so enjoying the ones I find on You Tube. I must say that one of the most professional ones that I have seen done recently was done by my friend Wendy of Windy Angels. She created this magnificent art quilt on her You Tube tutorial. Here is the link to her tutorial.

There was a class offered at my favorite shop nearby. This wonderful place called Ink About It. We learned how to make shaker cards. I was so pleased with the results. I am working on designing shaker cards for Easter using the techniques I learned in class. I love this shop and the people that work there and the staff that teaches are incredible. I always leave with a lovely new product, oodles of techniques and so much inspiration.

Shaker hanger craft


Our local art store has been featuring these adorable mini canvas and easels. I have been painting miniatures for my Etsy shop. I call these mini originals, which are painted using acrylic paint on linen canvas.
Mini Originals




Mini Originals
I trim the canvas with satin ribbon and include this sweet little easel. I also have created tiny miniatures prints of some of my original paintings, which I have adhered to these baby canvases.

I have been designing new ones this week, and I will add them to my shop soon.

studio



Everyone is anticipating Spring, especially those of us that are still experiencing snow. Bling Your Birdhouse Challenge is being hosting by Karla and Beth on March 27th. An opportunity to decorate a birdhouse and enjoy a fun swap. This Monday Karla from Karla’s Cottage will be having a tutorial to give you ideas on how to decorate your birdhouse. Karla has been working on some wonderful Spring things for her Etsy shop. I purchased two glittery doves sitting in glittery teacups. I can't wait to receive them in the mail.

My creation

You will find the link and logo for Bling Your Birdhouse Challenge on the top of my sidebar. Have a peek it looks like so much fun. Expect to find mine on my post for March 27th on A Scrapbook of Inspiration.

Here is a little mosaic of my sister's Etsy products, featuring her little doggie, Fiona.

My Sister, Susan Made This



Well, I am inspired to create some mini original paintings of birdhouses as I sip my coffee and look out the window at our snow globe.

snow globe

I always love listening to this kind of music when I create because it seems to lighten the mood. I chose Blossom Season for this post because I wish it were Blossom Season. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you leave with inspiration and lots of ideas. If you are having a snowy day like we are here in New England...grab those crafts and dream about Spring blossoms.


CREATE CREATE CREATE
Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I'm really getting into these posts where I am introduced to new Etsy shops and artists. I am so new to the whole thing I haven't yet made many purchases so I love finding out about all the wonderful options out there.

Of course, I do love Vanessa and bought one her prints awhile back. I love the idea of buying special things from our blogging friends. I just have to get a budget going in order to begin shopping! Soon, I will (got to convince hubby of this...)! I want something from everyone!

Thanks, Karen, this was a lovely post. I was over at Vanessa's when I saw your comment so I came by to see what you were up to!

Melissa

Unknown said...

Melissa, don't you just love her blog too? I started my little Etsy shop so that I have some (what my grandmother called) pin money to purchase more goodies in Etsyland. I am just learning about Etsy but having so much fun, it's like playing house amongst all your favorite friends.

Sadie Lou said...

What an awesome post. My internet browser hated loading this blog for some reason.
*frown*
Thanks for lovely compliment. It is my joy to return the favor to all the lovely artists in my blog/ Flickr/ Etsy circle of friends.
I am inspired and motivated each day by everyone and this is how I chose to respond.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for all your sweet comments--
Love,
Sadie Lou

winnsangels said...

Karen, you are so very, very kind. Thanks for the tremendous compliment and for putting the links. You are so generous.
And all the other links - I've bookmarked many :D I can hardly wait till I open my own etsy so that I might start some purchases.

Many blessings and angels are being sent your way,
Wendy XO

Teri said...

OMG, you have so much information in here and wonderful places to visit, I feel like I overstayed my welcome :) Wonderful post!! Thank you.

Gail McCormack said...

A wonderful post and blog, I'm going to put some time aside to visit some of the links you mentioned, etsy sounds like fun, I must go and have a wander around, thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Karen! It's Saturday morning here around 11am and just having a morning cappucino whilst visiting one of our fave ladies :)
This is such a beautiful post, will be here for a while, just enjoying this fantastic post and your Etsy and wandering around all your links! See, I could not be a lurker, not here anyways!

Have a gorgeous weekend Karen :)
Hugs, Jenn and Jacqui

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Thank-you for showcasing all these beautiful things. I adore the scene outside your window...Blessings for a great weekend...Mary

GreenishLady said...

I've been so enjoying taking a really leisurely stroll through the blogs I missed during the OWOH frenzy, and loved this post. Of course, I might never get out of Blogland again if I follow ALL those links, so I won't, but I loved your enthusiasm for all the creativity and beauty that is out there. I loved seeing Fiona. She's a sweetie indeed. It was a pleasure to come by here (your mall is absolutely wonderful!), and I will be back again. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the intro to all these new to me people. I love shopping etsy but there's so much out there it's nice to have some direction!

Manuela

Tina Leavy said...

HI Karen,
love all the inspiration shown here. love your blog. have added you to my faves. hope you'll stop by for a visit sometime over on my blog.
~Tina/gardengoose.blogspot.com/
www.stliving.net

Anonymous said...

This was a fabulous inspiring post, Karen! I love visiting new Etsy shops. Your "mall" is just adorable! I bought my first issue of Somerset Studio and can't believe how wonderful that magazine is. Of course they don't sell it anywhere in town so I have to remember to drive to Mississauga or Oakville every other month so I don't miss out on it! Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend! ~ Lynda xox

Tara said...

Hi Karen

So much going on in your post, love it like that because it makes me explore new places! Thanks for introducing me to all these places to visit!
:0)
Tara

Linda said...

Hi Karen,
Thank you for all the new and lovely places to look at, my husband already says that I live on this computer at the moment. I can't get enough of your snow photos, I know that you girls over there are all over it, but as I sit here sweating in the heat trying to cool down with a bowl of icecream it looks like heaven to me. Have a look on my blog and you will see how desperate I am getting. I am also joining in on the birdhouse challenge can't wait to see what you create.
Cheers Linda

Hummingbird Chats said...

Hello Karen, I have been tagged and with this being my first tag I tagged people who have comment on my posts, so I hope you don't mine me tagging you. Thank Katie
http://hummingbirdchats.blogspot.com/

kari and kijsa said...

Your paintings are truly wonderful...just wanted to stop by and say thank you...thank you...thank you for all of your sweet birthday wishes!

Hope your day is as wonderful as you have made mine.

smiles, kari (& kijsa)

Anonymous said...

Everything is just beautiful. What a pleasure to browse all the wonderful art, projects and great new links.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hello Karen,

Thank you so much for introducing us to these wonderful people on your blog. You have been busy! Great little works of art!
Your music selection is always wonderful!

Gabriela

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Great post! I love Etsy...so many wonderful artists. Your little minis are great!
Penny

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Great post! I love Etsy...so many wonderful artists. Your little minis are great!
Penny

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

thanks for telling everyone about our birdhouse day! and for all the great links, I have been a fan of the wonderful Vannessa at Fanciful Twist for a long time now.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Blessings, Karen

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -