A Lovely Day on the Cape to see Susan Branch








hen my friend Joyce and I found out that Susan Branch was having a book signing for her new book, GRATITUDE, we just had to go.

This has become a custom with us.  Every book that Susan writes is magic and this one is a gentle reminder to be Grateful.  Written in her illustrated style, the quotes are a daily reminder to be thankful. "a book of inspirational thoughts and quotes.



The song The Sunny Side of the Street, always makes me happy.  Thinking about the simple pleasures in life and how blessed we are to enjoy our lives.  In Susan's new book, one of the illustrated quotes is...



Susan lives that quote in everything that she does and celebrates.  She celebrates her life, whether she is celebrating washing her favorite dishes in the sink, or enjoying her wonderful life with Joe.  She reminds me always through her writings, cookbooks, and blog, that we can create our own happiness celebrating our story.  Celebrating the simple things in our life, that define us.

Titcomb's book shop in Sandwich, Massachusetts hosted the event.  There were cupcakes, and lemonade and we sat outside in the garden listening to Susan's talk.



There was quite a crowd of course.

 Susan brought a basket of journals and some samples of her new mugs, which will be available shortly.  I have my eye on the one with the bluebird.  Joe was in there too, taking photos.

Blue skies overhead, birds chirping near the bird feeders and lines and lines of kindred spirits who also adore Susan.

I have written numerous posts about Joyce and my adventures at Susan Branch book signings.

Now I have a new book to add to my stack of inspiration.  Only this new one I keep nearby, so that I can fill my mind with lovely thoughts whenever I please.  Enjoy your day, and remember to choose the sunny side of the street.




Sarah said...

Karen, this is a beautiful post and tribute to Susan. I love her approach to life! I treasure my stack of Susan Branch books and immediately added Gratitude when she first told us about it. I've given several copies as gifts. It makes a wonderful "thank you" gift! Fun seeing the photos. Thank you for taking us along!

Lorrie said...

What a wonderful event to attend. I'm a fan of Susan Branch and look for her books wherever I am. I have her three biographical books. She has such a positive outlook on life. Thank you for sharing this!

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Hi Karen! Although I have not read any of Susan's books you have definitely given me the subject of my next library search! Beautiful post and great photos. Wish I had been there right along with you all....Tina xo

So Sunny Day said...

Oh what fun that must have been! She is so talented.

Following so I can keep up with your posts :)

~ Emily from So Sunny Day

R's Rue said...

Great.

Multidesigndeal said...

superb....:)

Multidesigndeal said...

very beautiful

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -