Some new creations


Rose-on-Gray, originally uploaded by bluebirdsandteapots.



I visited a Shabby Chic shop in town and decided to add a bit of shabby chic style to my blog.






Rose-Celebration-painting-with-layersI am a print girl, I really am...I worked for Xerox for so many years that well, it's just the way I am wired. I love making prints of all kinds and recently I found this wonderful paper from Hahnemuhle, it is German Etching Fine Art Inkjet paper, 310gsm weight. Oh, it makes the most dreamy prints. Oh, that's another thing I love paper, everything, anything, all things PAPER.

So...


Roses-Poster-1-with-textI created an 8.5 x 11" print of seven images:

One 5 x 7"
Two 2.5 x 3.5"
Four 2 x 2.5 "

I thought this might be a nice sheet for people to use with cards, tags or their artwork.


Roses, Roses, Roses, originally uploaded by bluebirdsandteapots.



Rose-individual-WatercolorTo use this lovely paper, I created Teddy Bear and friend with a cornflower blue background.



Rose-individual-WatercolorHere he is presented in an 11 x 14 mat with and 8 x 10 opening.

teddy in mat

Miss Bunny looked very nice with a blue background.

Bunny-with-blue-background

She looks very nice matted as well.

Rose-Celebration-painting-with-layersNow Miss Bunny Surprise looks a little more lively with her background...

Miss-Bunn-Witch

But, she really makes a mighty fine witch! I called her Little Bunny Witch.

Miss-Bunny-Surpirse-Print

Rose-on-Lace
All of my new creations are in my Etsy Shop.


Rose-individual-WatercolorI have some other little creations that I added tonight. I visited my printer recently and had my Abundance painting made into giclee' prints. I can't wait to pick them up and show you. They are really the ultimate in prints!



The song for this post is La Memme Histoire

Rose-individual-WatercolorHere is the translation of the lyrics in English...


Rose-on-Lace, originally uploaded by bluebirdsandteapots.



Rose-individual-WatercolorLife’s a dance
We all have to do
What does the music require
People all moving together
Close as the flames in a fire

Feel the beat
Music and rhyme
While there is time

We all go round and round
Partners are lost and found
Looking for one more chance
All I know is
We’re all in the dance

We all go round and round
Partners are lost and found
Looking for one more chance
All I know is
We’re all in the dance

Rose-individual-Watercolor
Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Karen, your art is amazing. You are one of the most inovative artist I know!
Hugs,
Penny

Mimi Sue said...

What beautiful art. I am envious of your talent. Love that song. Mimi

Anonymous said...

I always am so moved when I visit your blog, Karen! You're so talented AND inspirational.

Ms. Bunny Witch is adorable.

What wonderful lyrics---so true.

Have a great week!

Dana

Gabriela said...

Good morning Karen,

Love all these creations!

~ Gabriela ~

Kathleen Grace said...

I love the bunch of roses! I am a paper lover too, and my youngest daughter inherited the gene. We have been known to stand in the art supply store ooohing and ahhhing as we run our hands over fresh pads of paper. Good times, good times:>)Ok, so maybe we need therapy, can't help it, there are so many fun papers out there to love!

Anonymous said...

Karen, you have been busy creating such lovely art. I love it all.

Teri said...

Beautiful gorgeous wonderful creations!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Karen, your posts are always full of beauty and art that is stunning. Thank you for making me smile.

Hugs, Jeanne

Cami said...

I get to use all that FRENCH I took when I come to your blog. Love to create w/ French music in the background. Reminds me of my High School days when my BFF and I truly thought we were French and would only speak in broken English if required. What a pair we made. And your newest art Karen: awwwww! Wonderful. I love the Witch Bunny like crazy.

Stephanie said...

So many lovely creations to look at! You are very talented!! I love your studio...very nice!!

Take Care,

Stephanie

P.S. Thanks for stopping by!

Fete et Fleur said...

These are just lovely! Thank you for sharing your new artwork with us.

Nancy

Tara said...

KAren

CAn't tell you how much your kind words have meant to me--thank you, thank you! Tara

Candy Bello said...

pretty flowers! beautiful!!

:)
candy

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -