Blessings on the way


a fall morning, originally uploaded by bluebirdsandteapots.


Sometimes when life is hard and I get a bit discouraged, I take out my old journals and read the words,

fall walk

I am reminded, whispers of promise peek through the praise,

Glouster

I think of all the times that the Lord has blessed my life,

glouster

When I look around, and see the beauty,

peeking at the gazebo

Then I want to delight in Him.

Bible Verse of the week

Suddenly I am reminded of the hope in tomorrow,

A Gift

And for blessings on the way.

jesus wallpaper
Psalm 37:4 NIV

" Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart."


Have a lovely day

The song for this post is I Delight In You.

Later this afternoon, I picked up a favorite book which I had bookmarked with a card with my Grandmother's name, Helen written on it. I read the page I had bookmarked. There was the same verse about Delighting yourself in the Lord. I knew that it was surely the message for today. I sat with my cup of tea, and spent a bit longer reading my devotional.
Gabriela said...

Hello Karen,

Love your post and photos!

~ Gabriela ~

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Ahhhhhh . . . just the words I needed to hear on a Monday of "slumping" proportions. I delight in Him -- thanks for the reminder. : )

p.s.
GORGEOUS photos!

Lilli Blue said...

Beautiful. This was my first visit to your blog. Nice. You really know how to lift spirits. Blessings, Lilli

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Karen thank you for your prayers for my Dad. We are waiting on more tests to be done to know what we are really dealing with.
Alison

Jane O' said...

You first photo is fantastic. It looks like past years in Michigan in the fall but this year so far has been a dud. Not exceptional for fall colors.
Thanks for reminding me to take a look around at all of God's beauty.

Eleanor said...

A lovely post and timely for me. I woke up just feeling inexplicably 'blah'. I had been speaking sternly to my soul all day! But visiting your blog just lifted me up and out! Thanks, dear friend and also for the visits to the Cottage. You are always an honoured guest.

Kathleen Grace said...

I have found that counting my blessings always makes me forget about my discouragements. A lttle extra time with our heavenly father is just the thing to pick us up:>) Blessings and prayers for you Karen.

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely Psalm, and I really love the painting. The message you are sharing is such an inspiration. We need but focus on our blessings in order to know faith.

Susannah said...

Beautiful pics and inspiration,
Susannah

CIELO said...

Good morning Karen... I love this inspirational post and I thank YOU for reminding me this early in the morning that I have a wonderful and ever omnipotent Father, who I can come to when ever I want..... Your photos are lovely; I particularly liked the two first one. I love the woods! Is that lovely woody area close to your house? Oh, and by the way, your new blog banner is lovely; and very creative.

Wishing you a happy Tuesday and rest of the week my sweet lady...

cielo

Sometimes It's Good said...

Thanks for posting that reminder that blessings are on the way. Yesterday was a day for that reminder. Bless you and hugs, Susan

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Beautiful photos and a very inspirational post....

Charlene said...

Your photo's blow me away. And your blog is such a delight!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

This is so beautiful. You are my inspiration....m....

MeMeMe said...

Hello Karen,
Peace and love and smiles and hugs! Happy T-Th.

j

Unknown said...

Wonderful photography and insight.
Elizabeth

tea time and roses said...

Hello Karen!

What a lovely post, such beautiful and encouraging words. Thank you so much for sharing them.

Smiles...

Beverly

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

How wonderful to focus on God's beautiful blessings!
:)
~Becca~

Mimi Sue said...

What gorgeous pictures. Loved your Halloween party.. Mimi

Life on the Edge said...

Beautiful photos! I especially love the one with the red tint. That is the most beautifully wrapped package!

Kady

Rhondi said...

Hi Karen
I've having a giveaway. Make sure you stop by.
Hugs, Rhondi

MARIA said...

woow, amazing.

Kathleen Rietz said...

I discovered your blog today. Thank you. Blessings to you. Your blog is a place of peace and reflection.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -