Thankful Thursday




I am so grateful for the Grace that God has given to me through a period of mourning. Loss is never easy, but the Lord is there with us in the middle of our grief.


Notes in a JournalRecently I walked through a threshold and I passed this chapter of grief onto the otherside where my feelings of sadness disappeared and I was left with only clarity and understanding of why God had allowed my loss. Today I am so grateful that God was there as I walked through my period of mourning and that He removed the burden of sadness and gave me new eyes to see it's purpose.



Notes in a JournalIt seems to me that grief is similar to the cast they put on a broken limb. As we move through our daily life, we are in a constant state of awareness that our broken limb prevents us from the balance we once enjoyed.

eliz-wu-collage-2

Notes in a JournalHowever, just like the cast surrounding our brokenness, it helps us heal, and soon the cast of grief is removed and we can walk through a threshold back into joy.

My creation


"And provide for those who grieve in Zion, to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks for righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."
Isaiah 61:3


The song for this post is Song from A Secret Garden.


Today is Thankful Thursday, and Rhondi from Rhondi's Rose Colored Glasses hosts this mindful occasion. So, please visit Rhondi and the many Thankful Thursday posts.
aspiritofsimplicity said...

what a lovely post. It's my theory that many of us go through a period of mourning at this time of year. Even if we are not in the throes of recent loss we remember the past losses more poingnatly. Bittersweet.
And, your pictures are beautiful.

Schotzy said...

I love this! You have really inspired me with our words, and your creativity. The season of mourning comes to us all for various reasons. I am entering a season of loss as I even begin to contemplate that our only child is preparing to move 1000 miles away come January. I feel the sadness beginning to permeate my days even as I plan for this most joyous holiday season knowing that it marks the beginning of new paths that will necessarily open to us. Thanks for this post. It lifts me!

Mimi Sue said...

What a lovely post. Thank you for sharing your feelings. It made me stop and ponder my many many blessings. Mimi

Anonymous said...

Karen, your post deeply moves me. I am saddened that you have been mourning, and I will pray that you continue to heal. Mourning is such a personal experience, and we truly do emerge a a changed person. But, it is by God's grace that we do emerge and begin to see life's joy and blessings.

Chris said...

Karen,

Thanks you for your beautiful words & beautiful paintings!

Thankfully, Chris

Eleanor said...

The day is done and I am sitting listening to Russian ballet music and visiting my favourite blogs! I love your entry on Diwali and that incredible costume. Tell Judy that I enjoyed my visit to her lovely home. AS for grieving, a subject close to my heart. It was 5 years on 16 October since Richard died. I stand amazed - can it be so long and also just like yesterday? The first year of grieving was the worst - a hollow, sick feeling of something being wrong all the time. Someone wrote that grieving is hard work and to work I went. I can say with gratitude that my sorrow has been turned to joy! God is good; books and of course, the Bible are indispensable companions and the love of friends and family are essentials. And so is beauty - loads and loads of beauty. I couldn't surround myself with enough beauty. Have a good day, dear Karen.

Kathleen Grace said...

You always make me think, dear Karen. Your painting is stunning and I know your art helps sustain you. I am praying that God will let you feel his presence in a very real way:>)
Hugs
Kathy

Rhondi said...

Hello dear Karen
I am sorry to hear that you have had to go through a valley but glad to hear that you did not walk it alone. God's grace IS sufficient and it is only through difficult times that we get to really experience it. I love that verse you quoted. Another one that comforts me is Psalm 30:5"weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning".
Rhondi xo

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -