The Nutcracker Suite



Clara and the Nutcracker Tussie MussieAll over the world auditions are being held for the Nutcracker Suite Ballet. You might think that it is early to think about this ballet, but tickets go on sale already in many theaters.

clara-video-on-stage

I was thinking about Clara, and thought about my original painting, but perhaps making her dance across a stage,

clara

Clara and the Nutcracker Tussie Mussiean imaginary one of course. The Nutcracker was a favorite ballet for my girls. We saw this ballet performance in Princeton, New Jersey, Manhattan, Boston, Toronto and Hong Kong. A tradition to share with all little girls and big ones too.

clara-video-seven

clara-video-nine

clara-video-four

clara-video-seven

clara-video-three

clara-video-two

Dancing Clara

Clara and the Nutcracker Tussie MussieMy original design of Clara was a painting of her standing on stage.

clara-video-one

Clara and the Nutcracker Tussie MussieSo, I thought it might be more interesting to have her move a bit. Before I knew it, all four Clara's danced right into my little shop on Etsy. And of course, my new obsession, I created a little video...



Clara and the Nutcracker Tussie MussieThe song for this post is the Nutcracker March.

Dancing Clara's
Elyse said...

how wonderful to have seen so many productions of the nutcracker!

beautiful images, as always, karen.

xo

Dr. Denise Tucker said...

Oh, loved this creation! Nutcracker is such a great ballet.

Claudia said...

You are so right, they are getting geared up to do the suite-- but I have to say.... UGGGH at the thought of winter is just around the corner!! Hush now .. :) let me enjoy the fall, I was drug here unwillingly this year.

Always a pleasure.

Claudia ♥ ♥

LiLi M. said...

Oh I love your Clara Karen! And she dances gorgeous! On a cone she is sweet too. Well, it is hard to believe but I know you are right; Christmas is just around the corner. Have a lovely day!

My name is Riet said...

Nutcracker is a beautiful ballet. What a lovely dancer this is.
have a nice day

Cal said...

What a charming little Clara and video. Such a lovely ballet too.

Tristan Robin said...

How I love this post! For many years I played Uncle Drosselmeyer (before I got old and decrepit LOL). It's a wonderful wonderful holiday tradition.

Your tussie mussie is charming - as is your video ... your videos just keep getting more and more polished!

Your painting is the perfect Clara!

Snap said...

It's never too early for Clara! We have the Nutcracker Market here in early November -- shopping and more shopping -- in the convention center -- donations to the Houston Ballet. Folks really do all their holiday shopping there.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your paintings of Clara are wonderful! I have never seen the Nutcracker, though I would love to some year....

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

So very beautiful. Christmas will be here so soon...m.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

That is so creative and innovative Karen; I love this ballet and you have given it new life with your amazing talents. Thank you dear friend! Anita

Anonymous said...

The absurd situation has turned out

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -