Christmas in Vermont

I took a trip to visit my mom in Burlington, Vermont.

My daughter Sarah and her new beau met me there.

DSC08722

Driving through snow covered scenes with magnificent mountains in the background,

DSC08714

and passing by charming covered bridges.



It's always wonderful spending time with my mother.

I love Vermont, especially Stowe.

So, I just had to stop on the way home.


I still get a thrill when I am in Vermont,

 DSC08706

especially when I see the snow.

Stowe has to be one of the most charming places, I have had the pleasure of visiting.


Every scene



DSC08728looks like a postcard.


DSC08721The moonlight was just coming into view...

as the sun was setting.


Such a lovely long weekend.

DSC08679

The song for this post is Moonlight in Vermont.

DSC08695
Vee said...

I've only seen Vermont in snow on Christmas cards and these amazing photos of yours. I see that you were up at the Trapps' place again. ;D I'm so glad that you had time to spend with your mother...are you returning for Christmas Day or this was an extra Christmas? I love extra Christmases.

Joyce's Journey said...

Oh Karen! Your pictures are fabulous! I love Vermont also! I went there for the first time to see the changing of the Fall leaves this past October. It was spectacular. I also went to Stowe. There is just no place like Vermont. I'm so glad you went. Thank you for sharing your beautiful, beautiful pictures! It is always such a pleasure to visit your blog!!

Custom Comforts said...

What a beautiful post and lovely tour of Vermont. Each picture was prettier than the one before and you are right ~ just like a postcard. Thanks for sharing.
Cindy

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My dearest, I will never forget Stowe Vermont, for it was there that Ruben took me for a getaway after my parents died. I found magic there,and one day,I will go back. But for now, you take us all on a tour back in time. I watched Little Women last night with Ruben, and I thought of you. Thank you for a year of great friendship, encouragement and for swinging some doors open for me.....much love, Anita

Snap said...

Karen,

How lovely! I've never been to Vermont and your lovely post makes me want to go! So glad you were able to visit with your mother, daughter (and her beau). Sounds like a beautiful and nice time.

Anita said...

This was a beautiful post and the picuures do look like postcards. I've never been to Vermont, but always wanted to go there. I love Jo Stafford..perfect song for your post.
Merry Christmas!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I spent some time in Vermont when I was about 8 years old. We were on a family camping trip in New England. I love Vermont and Maine.

Your pictures are beautiful. They make me want to jump in my car and head up there....
Hugs,
Penny
p.s. in case I don't get back here before Christmas, I wanted to wish you and your family Merry Christmas Karen.

The French Bear said...

So beautiful, it is everything I imagined and heard about!!!!
Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Joyce said...

Gorgeous photos as always Karen. You remind me how lucky we are to live in beautiful New England. I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Karen,

I heard wonders about Vermont and it's definitely in my list of places to visit.


~ Gabriela ~

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Karen, it is so kind of you to come, in the midst of the blizzard of shopping, family preparations and such to come to visit with me. Thank you for humoring my theatre, my drawings, my poetry; Ruben however, had nothing to do with this...this was all my child-like doing. He is the illustrious writer and scholar of the family, and I hope that if you have a moment, you can go to his blog. His writing is exceptional, and he has already captured the interest of serious editors. I shall however, remain a dreamer, playing with my paper dolls and quite frankly, loving it.

It is friends like you that make it worth while putting myself out there and letting my raw silliness come through to make someone chuckle or even make them cry.

God bless you dearest, Anita

MARIA said...

Good Morning Dear Karen!
I love your photos. Amazing!!!

Wesołych Świąt! Merry Christmas!

Natasha in Oz said...

Moonlight in Vermont is the perfect song to accompany this beautiful post! I would love to visit there one day. I will definitely have to go in Winter after seeing these gorgeous pictures!

Karen, I hope that you and your beautiful family have a very Merry Christmas and a brilliant 2011! I also hope that you enjoy all the happiness and joy that this blessed season brings.

Best wishes always,
Natasha.
xo

Kathleen Grace said...

This is just beautiful. Classic wintery scenes that remind me of the old movies "White Christmas" and "Holiday Inn". Sorry I've been such a bad blog friend. I'm playing catch up and coming to wish you a Merry Christmas. I hope your Christmas is wonderful:>)

Beverly said...

Karen, everything looks beautiful when shared through your eyes and your heart.

My wishes for a joy and love filled holiday and new year for you and your family. I will share this post with my sweet mother. She enjoys hearing about you and your mother.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It looks like a place where they would film a Christmas movie! Just perfect scenery! Merry Christmas! ♥♥♥

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -