The Christmas Tree, the keeper of our memories

Christmas trees

DSC00409There is something so charming about a Christmas tree on top of a car. We bought our tree last week,

DSC00438


DSC00409and I have been decorating the house ever since.

DSC00392

DSC00409Favorite ornaments aren't just ornaments,

DSC00448


DSC00409they are the keeper of our memories.

DSC00407

DSC00409Each year as I select an ornament to hang on the tree,  I walk back through time

DSC00442


DSC00409and recall the meaning of each ornament.

DSC00435


DSC00409Christmas ornaments...

DSC00394

DSC00409they decorate our tree, light up our life and hearts,

DSC00389


DSC00409and they remind us of lovely memories.

DSC00422


DSC00409The Christmas tree, the keeper of our memories.

DSC00421


DSC00409The song for this post is Tannenbaum, my mother's favorite Christmas song.

DSC00421


DSC00409







Today is A Few of My Favorite Things with Laurie over at Bargain Hunting with Laurie.   So, please stop by and see all the posts and read all about Laurie's favorite things.
Tete said...

Our tree represents our lives together and all our past Christmases, too! There's no better tree than one that has meaning!
Hugs- Tete

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

HEY Karen!!! Im your newest EXCITED follower!!! I JUST found your blog and LUUUUUUUUVIN it!!! Your Christmas decor...Craaaazy about it! I would BEYOND ADORE you to visit my blog and my 14 days of christmas trees...AND a GIVEAWAY! SO GLAD I found you!

Blessings xoxokara

By the way, i love that your put your Faith out there...I do on my blog and just LOVE finding fellow sisters in christ!

myletterstoemily said...

i'm first! :)

your tree is gorgeous which is no
surprise, as everything you do is
glorious.

i love all your special ornaments.

merry Christmas,
lea

Beverly said...

I love this, Karen. The keeper of our memories is a perfect description. I am so glad you shared visions of your memories with us.

Deb said...

Your tree is so big and beautiful. I love it and how it takes over a room with it's magnificence. I'm sure you are enjoying it right now.

A Tale of Two Cities said...

I can really identify with your concept of your tree being the Keeper of your Memories. I feel the same way about ours. Every year, I take great joy in reliving many memories triggered by each ornament. Thanks for sharing yours....

Debi

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It is gorgeous! I love lots of red and white! You have a beautiful home! Happy holidays! ♥

Vee said...

Such a beautiful tree! Beautifully shaped, beautifully tall, beautifully decorated. I was making stars for my wee tree today and I'm hoping that when I take them out in years to come they'll have a special meaning. (I've been enjoying your playlist this season and I've been enjoying Natasha's as well. Thank you for sharing that with us.)

Kathleen Grace said...

So true Karen! Choosing the ornaments has always been such a personal thing. One girl loves glittery snowflakes, another angels and my husband loves birds. Each time we unpack the boxes we talk about the years past. I look forward to finding this years ornaments too!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WOW. The music, the photos, YOUR HOME...Karen, never forget me, please? You are an inspiration indeed, that has already long ago, carved a special memory in my heart of this wonderful world in which we communicate. Thank you for the memories...Anita

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your tree is beautiful Karen. What a lovely post. We buy ornaments when we travel, so every year as we decorate the tree when trvel down memory lane to all of the places we have visited.
Hugs,
Penny

p.s. We are going to the tree farm today to cut down our tree!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Karen, your tree and that room are gorgeous! I love that the plaid sofa has toile on the back of it. So many wonderful windows with beautiful curtains! I've seen the dining area with all of that beautiful wood work before, but didn't realize it connected to this beautiful living space.
The ornaments you showcased are so pretty. Each year, when we decorate our trees, my grown children sigh as I began telling where we got each ornament, or from whom. They now tell the story at the same time I am telling my grandchildren. It's become the family joke. Thank you so much for linking this beautiful post to Favorite Things. laurie

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -