Pink Saturday

Pink Sky at night, snowy day

winter staircase to gazeboToday is Pink Saturday and Bev from How Sweet The Sound is hosting, so please stop by and visit all the pink posts.

DSC00406

winter staircase to gazeboMy Recipe today is to mix your photos with some lovely designs to create some lovely tags, and crafts.  Picnik has written about all the Holiday effects on their blog.

DSC00406

winter staircase to gazeboCreating Christmas graphic designs is so much fun.

DSC00383

winter staircase to gazeboSo, I made some just for you.

gazebo-snow-sign

winter staircase to gazeboPicnik has some wonderful new Holiday Textures.  Here are the steps to use to create yours.


A RECIPE FOR A HOLIDAY GRAPHIC DESIGN

HOW TO USE HOLIDAY TEXTURE IN PICNIK
If you have a flickr account
Click on a photo you want to edit
Click on ACTIONS
a drop down menu will appear
scroll down until you reach Edit Photo in Picnic
Click on EDIT PHOTO IN PICNIC
Picnic will load
( if you are using Picnik directly, upload the photo you want to edit)
Click on CREATE
Click on EFFECTS
scroll down until you reach HOLIDAY TEXTURE
Your photo will automatically change to the first choice temporarily
click on each of the different choices of backgrounds and it will change automatically
You can continue seeing other options as you hit the arrow to go to the right
When you reach one you like, now you can change that texture by
Clicking on ADVANCED MODES
Click on the arrow where it says MULTIPLY
a host of other options appear
Try each on out by clicking on them.
Now you can click on the different arrows which will put the design in different places.
You can also adjust the FADE button until you like what you see.
When you like everything you have done...
Click on  APPLY
If you are done Click on SAVE
Picnic will ask if you want to save a new copy or replace the original
Click on which ever one you want to do and hit SAVE
If you are using this through flickr, it will return you to your new copy or the original changed.
Ta Dah.



DSC00387

winter staircase to gazeboSo have a wonderful Pink Saturday,

pillow snow 9

winter staircase to gazeboand a lovely weekend.

Pastel Snow

winter staircase to gazeboThe song for this post is Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.

The magic of Christmas

winter staircase to gazeboPlease take home any design to use in your Holiday crafts.

pillow snow 9

winter staircase to gazeboStop by and visit the lovely Miss Sherry from Country Wings in Phoenix, she has an especially lovely Pink post today.

DSC04406

winter staircase to gazeboMy designs were created for you to take home.
winter staircase to gazebo

DSC00383I purchased a Picnik account and love it.  I am not paid to advertise for them, I just love this product.  You can use their products without direct to your photo library if you do not have a flickr account.
Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

How fun! I am sneaking a little blogging in with my AM coffee before I start decorating.
Hugs,
Penny

Susan Hickam said...

Hey Karen- really enjoyed your pictures- i too am addicted to flickr and picnik but I have not tried the holiday textures before. Yours really turned out sweet. thanks for sharing. Sweetpea sue

Susan Hickam said...

Well, I will try again-it wouldn't post my comment the first time I tried so here goes again- love your pics- really fun! I have a picnik account too but I have never tried the holiday textures but with your encouragement I think I will. Take care. Sweetpea Sue

Rebecca said...

Sound like fun-may have to try it after the holidays!

nancy said...

COol I Have to check that out. I wish photobucket will do this. I know slide.com does the same thing. You did a nice job. I love the gazebo photos.
HPS to you.
Nancy

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Karen, I LOVE PICNIK! Is flickr free? I must get into it. I love that aqua blue version of the snow caps trees...so beautiful dear Karen!

ANita

Vee said...

It's so magical looking! I just downloaded the Picasa program that has a lot of these effects and I actually slapped a Santa hat on the poodle in residence to make my mother laugh. That was via the Picnik program, I think. I think, though, for the sake of time, that I'd prefer to visit you and see what you've created.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Thank you so much for the tutorial! I've used Picnic a little here and there but have never tried this. Going over there to play around!
I'm the newest follower of your lovely blog and would be delighted to have you follow me back!
Happy PS!
tammy@ www.beatricebanks.blogspot.com

Jan Hennings said...

WOW! Love what you've done with these pictures and I must admit, I'm a little challenged in this area!

Nancy said...

Thank you for the tips. I will definitely check it out.

I'm still visiting around for Pink Saturday. Have a wonderful week.

Joy said...

Wow, fantastic! I have a free Picnik account, but maybe it's time to upgrade! Your photos are beautiful! Thanks for sharing! This might be a good idea for me to alter some of my photos for a new, more seasonal blog header.

Cindy said...

They are beautiful, Thank you so much for recommending them, I think I will have to purchase their premium. it is amazing what you can do. your work is gorgeous. you have given me many hours of fun so far. thank you for all you do. hugs.

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, dear Karen.

You've really cooked up such beauty in pink and for the holidays. I wish I was your neighbor so I could come over to play and learn from you.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -