Inspire Co. Inspiration





hen I was going through empty nest syndrome, I went searching for something lovely to get lost in and help me redefine my new chapter.

I discovered the world of blogs.  The first one that really caught my eye was Amy Powers of Inspire Co.



I read her blog and memorized her cute, cute inspiration daily.  I found links to her blogging friends on her sidebar.  I fell so in love with her world and I wanted to meet these people.

It made me want to crawl inside that world of the cottage industry and connect to these bright and talented women.

Amy still has a link she calls Blog Hopping Page, and you can fall in love with her friends too.  I will be forever grateful for Amy introducing me to such amazing inspiration.  But wait the story continues

I just purchased Amy's new magazine, Inspired Ideas.

Her magazine is published five times a year, and each issue has a theme.  For just $3.99 you can receive a link to the on-line magazine.  The current issue is guaranteed to fill you with inspiration.


You can also purchase the back issues.

I just love eye candy inspiration, and although we certainly have access to lots of it reading our favorite blogs, this is really work reading.  I found it to be affordable, concise and filled with my kind of inspiration.  The best part is I can keep it, without adding it to stacks of paper magazines in my magazine rack.

While reading Amy's blog, I found a lovely post called Listen to This.  An interview that you can listen to conducted by Judy Norman of Women Create.  I listed to the interview HERE and was thrilled to learn about her tips and ideas regarding publishing.

There is also a category on Amy Powers Inspired Ideas, called Doodles.  Her friend Pam creates beautiful graphic designs.  Pam has a blog that is filled with lovely ideas called Pamela Jane's Studio.



INSPIRE...I think that Amy might just have invented inspiration in the Land of Blog, long before we all arrived here in the neighborhood.
I still travel to her blog for inspiration.
P.S.  Our power is back, but the surrounding areas are still struggling to clean up and restore power.  My mom lives in Burlington, Vermont and her area is okay.  Although she is very close to the flooded towns.  Say a prayer for all the people in the flooded areas from Irene.  Many of the homes, properties and roads have been washed away.



The song for this post is What A Difference A Day Makes.




Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I am so glad your power is back on and that you and your family are ok!

I haven't been to Amy's blog in a long time! I need to go over there. Thanks for the info on the e-magazine!
Hugs
Penny

Blondie's Journal said...

It sounds like Amy has a wonderful blog and I'm happy that it opened so many doors for you. I found a similar blog when I started out and the doors started opening. What a wonderful blogging world it is out there. I am going to follow your link to Amy! Have a great week, Karen!

XO,
Jane

Beverly said...

I'm glad your power is restored and that your mother is safe. My prayers continue for the many impacted by this storm.

Thank you for the link and info about the magazine. I'll follow it now.

Claudia said...

My darlin friend.
I have to tell you when I have watched the news and seen the aftermath of this wicked storm I have thought of you on many occations and am soooooo happy to hear that you were not in the midst of this.

I am heading off at your suggestion to see Amy's blog -- I need some inspiration these days. My funk is getting to me, and yet I know I have so much to be thankful for.

Thank you for being safe and here to inspire...
Hugs darlin!
Claudia

Kathleen Grace said...

Glad to hear you are ok Karen, and having the power back is a big deal! I hate when the power goes out. I love Amys blog too, haven't been to see her in a while, but I am so intrigued by the links you provided, so I'm headed over. Thanks for sharing her inspiration:>)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest one.

WEll, off I am to school but just had to come to visit you and see the INSPIRATION here...and it is as colorful and wonderful as always. I am trying to juggle too much this week, but thank you for calming my spirit. OH! I hope that your mother's neck of the woods out in VT is OK...it broke my heart to see the devastation...Anita

Cindy said...

I amm so glad that your power is back on and that your Mom is okay and you as well. Thanks for the links to the new blogs. Have a great day take care.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -