A Bowl of Cherries Inspiration



Life is just a bowl of Cherries...



A song written in 1931 during the Great Depression.



I thought I could borrow a bit of wisdom from then and inspire myself with the words.

For a note card, laptop design or an iPad creation.

I designed this iPhone case to remind me not to take life so seriously.



The iPhone case has been added to my shop,  A Word of Inspiration.


Hmm, how about a gift for you while I'm designing.




How about some stationery for you to download.  Here is the link for you to download page one of your stationery.

A nice reminder to a friend or family, or maybe a letter to Mom for Mother's Day.  Here is the link for you to download page two of your stationery.

My mom lived during the Great Depression, and she is still alive and well, but much more frugal than I have been in my lifetime.  The wisdom that she learned then, is the wisdom I try to apply to my life today."Life is just a bowl of cherries...


Don't take it serious, 
Life's too mysterious.
You work, You save,
you worry so
But you can't take your dough
When you go, go, go."

Mom talks about how nice people were to one another during that difficult chapter.  We are in a different kind of chapter, but difficult in it's own way.  Let's borrow the wisdom from that era, and sing:

"So keep repeating "it's the berries."
The strongest oak must fall
The sweet things in life
To you were just loaned
So how can you lose
What you've never owned


Life is just a bowl of cherries
So live and laugh, aha!
Laugh and love
Live and laugh,
Laugh and love,
Live and laugh at it all!"


I hope you enjoyed the music.  This is the original soundtrack, Jack Hylton 1931.  The music by Ray Henderson and lyrics by Buddy G. DeSylva and Lew Brown was published in 1931.




Today is Pink Saturday and Bev from How Sweet The Sound is hosting.  My post isn't too pink today, but I hope that Pink Saturday leaves you feeling Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries.


Lovely Resources:
Bows and Ribbons from Stamp'n Up Digital






Snap said...

I LOVE cherries!!!!!!! :D :D

myletterstoemily said...

"it's the berries!" too cute. such
lovely images and thoughts here
always.

NanaDiana said...

I love it. I must say it puts me immediately in mind of Erma Bombeck~ Blessings- xo Diana

Vee said...

What neat lyrics...I've never known them all. Yes, I imagine people were kinder then. They knew everyone in town then. They worked and played together and took care of one another. Sigh.

Very cheery post...your mama was a cute little button!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my dearest Karen,

How I have come to love RED only when coupled with aqua. You display it so beautifully here my friend! And talk about the Depression! My father was a young man, just having come to California from Mexico. He had to do jobs such as selling oranges on the side of the road to being the chauffeur for WRIGLY, the chewing gum mogal! I loved hearing all of his stories and how he survived and went to school at night to learn a trade, taught himself piano at age 42 (this is where I get my audacity to learn things at a later age!) and then become a piano teacher well into his 70s!!!!

Have a blessed day my dear friend and wonderful artist! Anita

Marti McClure said...

Hi Karen, The cherries are adorable. And I really love the photo of your mom - so special! Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

Unknown said...

Darling share ... love cherries!
Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Karen Sweetie...
I LOVE cherries. They are my favorite. My dining room and kitchen display that love. This stationery is so precious. I can't wait to play with it. Thank you dear friend.

I love the cover for your phone, that is cute.

You always take me to a beautiful, serene and romantic place. I thank you for allowing me to reach into my memory box today, in my mind, and see my precious Grandma making her cherry jellies that I loved so much. They were the best. I can still see her writing each precious label attached. A beautiful time.

Have a glorious weekend sweet friend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

J.Rylie.C said...

Sooo pretty! Happy Pink Saturday!

My Pink, I am also inviting you to link up with my color Connection meme.

Decor To Adore said...

I love all the sweet cherries!

Happy pink Saturday, Happy Derby Day and ¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Please stop by and enter my celebrate spring/moms giveaway.

Kathleen Grace said...

These are sooo adorable!

Dolores said...

Oh Karen, I absolutely love the happy song and the beautiful artistry!! I haven't heard that song in ages..... thanks for sharing.
Thinking of you and hoping all is well in your home.

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, dear Karen. Life is good. Even when times are difficult, it helps to focus on the positives.

Thank you for sharing your "bowl of cherries".

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -