Happiness Inspiration







I've been thinking about my purpose lately.




The other day I had one of those days when you feel totally on purpose.



If you have a few minutes I found an amazing TED video  that is sure to inspire you.  It's called The Happiness Advantage.




"The pleasantest things in the world are pleasant thoughts: and the great art of life is to have as many of them as possible"
Montaigne




Sometimes I get caught up in what I see around me and forget my purpose.


Synonyms for the word Happiness:

Pleasure, joy, exhilaration, bliss, contentedness, delight, enjoyment, satisfaction.




Recently I have had lots of requests from people to use my photography on their websites, blogs and even a TV show.



What a thrill.  And you know what I discovered?  That the joy I get when I know that I have made someone happy reminds me of where my joy lives.

PUR-POSE
The reason for which something exists or is done, made used, etc.



The reason God made you.




After being still last week while I was recovering from being sick, I slowed way down.




I thought about what makes me happy.


 And then I remembered.


Please take home any photo that speaks to your heart from this post.


"Happiness is like a butterfly,
the more you chase it, the more it will elude you,
but if you turn your attention to other things,
it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."

Henry David Thoreau



Beverly said...

I'm always enjoying that butterfly sitting on my shoulder.

Karen, you are a bright light in my life. I hope all of the goodness you share comes back to you.♥

Icy BC said...

Beautiful view in the first photo, and beautiful photos.

Vee said...

I think my blood pressure dropped ten points just reading this. Thank you, Karen. Off to listen to that TED.

Vee said...

That was sooo good and funny!

Claudia said...

Oh my darlin friend
Who better than you to be asked to join in. (You were always my first thought!) Your work shows your love of the beautiful and your purpose is inspiring us all.

Im so proud of you and you be sure and let us know when and where we can see your published works!

hugs darlin
claudia

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

How absolutely true, Karen. I too have been thinking about this and I am just BARELY getting it. This is one great thing about growing UP (not OLD). You start to realize that you have to be true to YOURSELF: WHO GOD MADE YOU TO BE AND WHAT HE MADE YOU TO DO.

Lovely as always, Anita

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I sure hope you are feeling much better now, Karen. I'm been a little under the weather for a couple of days and it is a time to slow down and think about what's important. You are always so giving and that is God's way of life. Take care of yourself and enjoy the evening!

NanaDiana said...

Karen, What a lovely gesture. Your photos here are all beautiful...as are all the thoughts that accompany them. You have a good heart and I think God has purposed you to bring your inner joy to others- xo Diana

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Karen,

I hope you are feeling better.
This such a great post and the photography is amazing!


Gabriela

Dolores said...

I'm not surprised that people etc would ask to use your beautiful photography shots. You're so sweet and generous to share.

I hope you're feeling better.

Beautiful post!!
Hugs,

Marilyn said...

What an inspiring post! Thank you, Karen.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -