A Splash of Color Inspiration




I love color, and recently I have had my nose in several books.  Soaking in the color inspiration.  Being inspired with bold colors, patterns and designs.



Also, there is this wonderful blog that I stumbled upon thru Etsy Labs.  It's called Going Home to Roost, and it is filled with  young and vibrant inspiration.  I also found a fabulous site all about color and you can search for your favorite pallet.  The blog is called Design Seeds.





Kaffe Fassett's work was introduced to me by my sister Susan years ago.



Dreaming in Color is an autobiography and the most gorgeous coffee table book filled with more than just a splash of color.




I also created a treasury called BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL  I discovered so many talented artisans who create magic in color.



Soon we'll be enjoying the bold and beautiful colors of Autumn.





When I saw Kaffe Fasseett's new book, I couldn't resist.  I just had to add it to my colorful stack.

 I can sit for hours just browsing and inhaling the colorful inspiration.



Maybe It's Just My Imagination, but a splash of color surely brings the creative muse in view.


Speaking of color, there is a certain gentleman who has recently brought joyful color back into my life.  I was babysitting him the other night and I took the opportunity to photo little RJ in a hat my sister, Susan made for him.


Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh look, the most beautiful splash of color and LIFE...your new grandchild! KAREN, how fabulous is this colorful post as we enter into yet another season of brilliant hues!

PEACE my dear! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

KAREN! Oh those colors of fall, I hope we get them because our leaves started falling too early!

My dear, it is always so good to see your smiling face on my comments page! AND YES, I love creating a multi-dimensional blog post. Music, photos, words and MOVEMENT...it must be my theatre training!

THANK YOU for your consistent friendship and support my dear . Anita

Betty Jo said...

What a beautiful, and colorful post!

Vee said...

Oh darling boy! I feared that we might not see him again. What a sweet, sweet face. (Darling hat, too.)

Beautiful colors...I need color, crave color, and yet my favorite rooms are those done in muted browns and golds and greens and reds...the few days just past peak autumn color are so appealing to me.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

Beautiful post and I love all the vibrant colour in the photos you have shared.
The books look great too.
How darling the sweet baby boy is, and love the cute hat.

Happy day
Hugs
Carolyn

Dolores said...

I LOVE all the beautiful bold autumn colors, but none can compare to your gorgeous grandson with the bold colors surrounding his precious face.....

Anonymous said...

Oh, Karen, I am a huge fan of color too. Sometimes I wonder how others can live in all white/neutral homes, although that does have some serenity to it, but I'd miss my reds and yellows and aquas and ... okay, I'll stop. ;)

XOXOXOXOXO...for RJ. That picture of him is adorable. Thank you for sharing with us.

Hugs,
Marcia

Georgianna said...

I'm with you, Karen. I LOVE strong colors, even though many of my images are on the pastel side.

I appreciate the introduction to the book "Dreaming in Color" as I was not familiar with it.

And that photo of your sweetie just melted me! And absolute angel.

– g

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -