From painting to products


Once upon a time, I thought about licensing my artwork.  I had been painting for many years, creating prints and cards myself and selling framed artwork.  I wanted to branch out into having my artwork on other types of products.




In the process of learning about licensing, I discovered that companies were surfacing on the internet that would let me make my own products.


I liked the idea. I began with designing fabric using my artwork.



Then I found Society6 and opened up a shop to be part of their community.  I just want to say that they truly celebrate artists.

Note cards
There are so many wonderful artists in the community on Society6.


This is the design I use on my iPhone
Other artists will stop by promote your work and leave encouraging comments.


This week Society6 contacted me and said that they were showcasing my shop and offering FREE shipping worldwide to all of my friends and customers.

I love that they do this.  I am so glad that I joined.  Not to mention that the quality of their products and their packaging for shipping is wonderful.


I also love the idea of using my artwork on products that people can use.  And so today I have made the transition from painting to products, and I just love it!  I certainly have been whistling all the while I am designing.



Even though I am getting older, I love this song...Whole Wide World because it makes me feel that little girl feeling.  We're never too old to learn new things, "and maybe I'm still just a little girl with great big plans!"


Susie Jefferson said...

Massive congratulations! Couldn't happen to a nicer (and more deserving) person. I'm wildly impressed with the laptop and mobile phone in your design - talk about exclusivity! Wonderful wonderful news - definitely champagne time.

Hugs etc Susie in the UK

Blondie's Journal said...

Karen...this is so exciting and I am extremely happy for you! I'm sending wishes for all the best! :)

XO,
Jane

Jane Doe said...

Your post made me smile great big. I'm so happy that you're bringing the beauty of your talents to new places. The song was a perfect match. Congratulations and may all your plans and dreams come true.

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Karen,

Congratulations! Your beautiful paintings look fabulous on products!

Best,

Gabriela

Snap said...

How exciting! Good for you! You know I've always loved your artwork. Happy Day!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

How wonderful Karen! I have always been a fan of your beautiful painting.
Hugs,
Penny

A Garden of Threads said...

Wow, congratulations Karen!!! Love the fabric you have designed. Jen

Vee said...

Really? Well I will be checking them out. Congratulations, my friend! You do beautiful work.

Georgianna said...

I'm so impressed with all your creations, Karen. Congratulations on all you have achieved so far. I'm sure this is just the beginning!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Darling Karen,

I have so much to learn. I am creating things but I think that what you have been teaching me is that it takes time to find exactly what will work for you.

WHAT A JOY it is to see your designs on every day products. HOW GREAT IS THIS??????????

THANK YOU for the inspiration. I am over here just basically trying to figure things out and create. Anita

Kathleen Grace said...

I love the hydrangea art and the products, WOW! gorgeous Karen!

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -