Tinkered Inspiration



I met Elyse Major several years ago, when I found her lovely frames on Etsy.  Then I discovered her blog Tinkered Treasures and was hooked.

Decorating ideas, articles from magazines that she has written, crafts, and beautiful posts. When she mentioned that she loved You've Got Mail I knew that Elyse was a kindred spirit.






Since then Elyse has written for countless magazines, and written her first book Tinkered Treasures.

Elyse wrote about how this book came to be in a lovely article called Wish Out Loud.

Most recently she has written a series of posts about her amazing trip to London and Paris.



Inside her book, she has lovely decorating ideas, crafts, favors, decorations, and party creations.  Her tutorials and photos make you want to get busy making each one.



Last week Elyse had a book signing at Barnes and Noble in Rhode Island, and I got to finally meet her.  She is as lovely in person as she appears on her blog.


After reading about Elyse's exciting adventure, I take away a lovely life lesson, that perhaps we all should try...

You never know what dream may come true.



You can find Elyse's next book event at the Garden City Center Art Festival on June 8th and 9th from ten AM until Five PM.

I am linking to Mosaic Monday, hosted by Mary at Little Red House.

and Pink Saturday, Bev from How Sweet The Sound is hosting.


Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Karen,
I haven't visited Elyse's blog in some time and you have inspired me to go pay a visit. It's lovely when you get to meet someone you feel is a kindred spirit. One of my all-time favourite movies is You've Got Mail. Enjoyed your post and have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Beverly said...

Karen, you should share this for Pink Saturday. Elise is a Pinkie, and everyone will be happy for her.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Karen, this is lovely, indeed. Thanks for sharing with us.

Hope you are having a good Sunday.

Love from Florida...

XO,

Sheila

Elyse said...

oh karen! i am smiling from ear to ear reading this post. gosh, thank you so much and thank you for always being so generous with your support, encouragement and friendship.

as you know, i was very nervous about the book event and being instantly greeted by your lovely face, i knew it was going to be a fun time. thank you for making the trip with your friend joyce.

all the best, always!!!

love,
elyse
xo

Kathleen Grace said...

How fun to meet her! And look at you peeking out behind her:>) I love your smile Karen! I think as long as we have the courage to try we can make our dreams come true, the sticking point seems to be the courage. I find I have more of it the older I get.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely post and review on Elisa's book. It must have been nice to meet her in person. I will go and check out her blog. Thanks for sharing, wishing you a happy week ahead.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Looks like a very pretty book. Valerie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

How fantastic is THIS!

Karen, you look so happy and beautiful and what a blessing that Elyse is a success; her art is outstanding and I was hoping to do something like this in my lifetime, but we shall see. I have so much to figure out.

Much love Karen! Anita

A Garden of Threads said...

Hi Karen, How wonderful to meet a blogging friend in person and what makes it extra special is her signing a book for you. I have never been to this blog so I am off for a visit. Take care and have a great week:)

carol l mckenna said...

Delightful post and fun photography ! Love the creations!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Elyse's book looks lovely and I read her WOL post which is inspiring.
How nice to finally meet her and share your photos; bloggers are so supportive of each other.
Judith

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How awesome! And you look as cute as can be, too! What a fun meeting and neat mosaics! Blogging has sure led me to meet some interesting people over the years! What a blessing!

Lorrie said...

I've followed Elyse's blog for some time and am so thrilled with her success. How lovely that you were able to meet her.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Karen,
Oh I love this post and I just have to go over and meet Elyse. Her book looks delightful and one I know I would enjoy. Love the pic of you two together. Special memories.
Thank you for sharing.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs, CM

Scrap for Joy said...

This is such a lovely post about Elyse. She's a favorite of mine, too and I love the book. The You've Got Mail connection sealed it for me, too. Maybe we should create a following like the Rocky Horror Picture Show. The YGM fans probably know all of the lines.
Joyce

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Karen!

Glad to see you today my dear. I was just looking at your lavender fields watercolour painting this morning and was thinking fondly of you. I am putting you on my list RIGHT NOW for the France Party! Your contribution will be fabulous! Anita

Art and Sand said...

I am visiting via Mosaic Monday. I will be back to read more just based on the photos of your blog header.

I have followed Tinkered Treasures for awhile and have been waiting to get the book. I retire in 5 weeks so I will have the time to do each of the crafts.

I will be back.

Pondside said...

Thank you for directing me to a new blog - I look forward to visiting Elyse's posts.

Vee said...

Karen, what fun! We're you photo bombing Elyse? Too cute! She has a charming blog. I will have to return and visit it again over tea.

RobinfromCA said...

Oh, Karen, how I love to visit your blog to learn new things and see all the beauty! Elyse's book is definitely on my wish list now! Anybody who loves "You've Got Mail"is definitely a kindred spirit!
Have a lovely weekend,
Robin

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -