Words from a Mother's Journal


I always kept a journal of funny days and special memories of my girls.  I am so thankful because now that I am a Grandmother, many of those same sentiments are in my heart.  I pick up this journal often and smile at the words on the pages.





hen I was a new mother, I lived in Lawrenceville New Jersey, and my mother lived in the Hamptons on Long Island.  She would visit often, but when she couldn't the UPS man was at my door.  She would send boxes filled with gifts and beautiful clothes for my girls.  Here is a page from my Mother's Journal, Sarah was three years old at the time.



May 9, 1992

"Mother's Day is this Sunday...and when the postman rang the doorbell with parcels from my Mom and sister.  Sarah expected the wrapped packages to say "to Sarah".  But, they were all for me to celebrate Mother's Day.

Sarah said "But Mom I'm a mother too.  My dolls think that I am a great mommy."  I replied, "Well maybe your dollies will buy you a Mother's Day present."  Sarah looked at me like I was being silly and said "No Mom, if they cross the street without me, they might get run over by a car."

Later I phoned my husband at work.  So, Ned bought Sarah a Happy Mother's Day present from her dolls and Sarah was very happy again."







I was wondering why I am so happy again as a Grandmother, and then I remembered.



Being with little ones lets you rediscover the little girl within.





ishing you a beautiful Mother's Day.






myletterstoemily said...

thank you for sharing such a sweet story
and adorable grandbunny!

Lorrie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Karen. These are lovely memories to treasure - both the recent and the not so recent.

Anonymous said...

Perfect.
Oh, that face. :) Lights up the screen.
Happy Mother's Day, lovely Karen.
xoxo's

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And a beautiful Mother's Day to you dear Karen. Anita

Susan said...

Oh Karen, what a darling post. Just darling. That little grandbaby, oh my GOSH. What a living doll. And a Happy Mother's Day to you, too! Susan

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a sweet story...ahhhh! I love that you've written down some memories to read later. Enjoy your sweet family my friend!

Pondside said...

That was so sweet, Karen!
Happy Mothers' Day to you!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Lovely post Karen. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Karen,
What a sweet and dear story from the past. Your memories are treasures. Love your pic of the girls and that face on RJ is a heart melter.
Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day. God Bless my friend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Beverly said...

Karen, we do have so many sweet memories. Thank you for sharing yours.

I hope you will share this for Mother's Day Pink Saturday.

Joyce said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and Ashley. Be sure to give your mom a hug from me when you see her.

Cindy said...

Happy Mothers Day, your posts are always so beautiful, you have such a beautiful heart Karen. sending you a big hug.

Linda P said...

Glad you had a lovely Mother's Day. Very special when there's a new little person in the family. My youngest grandson is ten and it's lovely that I've been near all of our grandchildren most of their lives to see them grow and develop.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -