Pretty Pastel Inspiration and an Egg Cream



I went to Vermont to visit my Mom over the last few days.  I stopped in Stowe, Vermont as I always do...I love that town.  I found a new place to eat called The Depot Street Malt Shop.  What a find.

There were pink curtains, and lots of wonderful artwork depicting the 50's.  Great music played while I sat at the most adorable white high back benches and admired black and white tiles and lost of chrome trim on the formica tables. You can get a Lyme Ricky or an Egg Cream soda, and malts to go with wonderful food.

I found some lovely music to go with your egg cream.



Recipe for an Egg Cream

1/2 cup seltzer water
1/2 cup of mile
chocolate syrup to taste

I was on my way home and decided to get a bite to eat for the drive home.  I brought in my new wonderful book called Pretty Pastel Style by Selina Lake.  The perfect company, because her style is Vintage and pastel.  She is in an interior decorator out of the UK.  Sitting in that Malt Shoppe in the middle of nostalgic details and reading Pretty Pastel Style was the perfect combination.

Here is an interview with Selina by with Mollie Makes.

Elyse from Tinkered Treasures got to meet Selina while she was in London.  She wrote about it in her post called London Day Three.


The book is wonderful and stop by Selina's web site to learn more about this lovely author.  I hope that you enjoyed your egg cream.  A New Yorker favorite!


Have a lovely day.

I think I have enough pink on this post to join Bev, from How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday.



Anonymous said...

Love your post! Happy Pink Saturday!

Best,

Debbie

Dolores said...

Hi Karen....... never in my life have I heard of egg cream..... from texas to Vermont.....

I hope you and your loved ones are doing well.... keeping you always in my thoughts and prayers!

Celestina Marie said...

Happy Saturday Karen, wow this darling place sounds like the perfect spot to enjoy in your travels. The book pages are lovely. I will look for this one too. I never tried an egg cream. Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I have not seen an egg creme in YEARS! Oh Karen, the book with all the fun pastels of my past, thank you! Wishing you a lovely day filled with sweet memories. Anita

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, my sweet Karen.

What a great place you found. I know I would have loved it there, too.

I hope your mother is well.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That sounds like a wonderful place to take a break. The book sounds intriguing too! Happy weekend!

Vee said...

We love that place! I'm sure that I have a photo of it on my blog somewhere. So glad that you enjoyed your time spent there reading your wonderful book and dreaming of all things vintage and pastel. (Have spent the morning rescuing a pink apron that my grandmother used to wear while serving ice cream sodas long ago. I'm considering this post that I'm just now reading a God-wink. Thanks!)

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -