HOUSE DAY inspiration

I love to take a day just to fly away in my imagination.  Sometimes I like to take a house day.


House days, I remember those from when I was a kid.  I like roaming around looking at my collections, taking down a favorite book from the book shelves.  Having a cup of tea and a bowl of soup for lunch. I made vegetable soup yesterday like my Mom makes.


Oh and there has to be music.  Music always helps like this young group from Australia, Big Scary who sing about Autumn in their album Four Seasons.  Here are the first lyrics to the song:

"Feet keep on running,
new light is coming our way.
Feet keep on tapping, new rhythms we're clapping today.
So sweep out your driveway, and hope that a new life comes your way"

I love to reserve some time on these kind of days to explore and find new things. Like Spotify music playlist which I discovered on Anthro Blog.  I love Anthropoligie.


I designed this Frenchy design today I call Eiffel Tower Moon. I like finding new French Inspiration for my Pinterest Board, it's like shopping without spending any money.

Or playing with a new collage editor on-line called LOUPE.


Or just daydreaming about seasons to come.


And since I'm dreaming, there has to be a bit of discovery in the Land of Blog...Temporary Measure from the UK.  I am in love with her work.




easons, I am planning some things for Christmas.  So, I purchased this downloadable Christmas village from Caludine Hellmuth on Etsy.  I love her!  She has the most charming designs.


Well, it's 830 P.M. on Saturday night.
I found some new things today,
daydreamed,
had soup for lunch,
took a nice long nap...
and yes I am still wearing my favorite slippers.




Beverly said...

It sounds like an absolutely perfect day. I think it would be a great idea for all of us.

I am a long time fan of Claudine, too.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

House day sounds like a fun thing! And your house day sounded perfect.

Kathleen Grace said...

It sounds like a wonderful day..so why do I always feel so guilty when I take a house day myself? I need to get over that!

Vee said...

That sounds like the most delightful sort of day. I sometimes declare a day a jammie day.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -