Daphne's Diary

Only four more days until moving day and I am counting the hours.  This apartment has certainly had it's issues, and I am so happy that we found a little house to rent instead.

I have been finding wonderful things while I am nesting in North Carolina.  I have always loved James Taylor, but I especially love the way he sings more recently, like this version of his song Carolina In My Mind.

The only thing that I will miss about this apartment is how perfectly my corner desk fits into this unusual window.
 Today the pounding of hammers against the wall in the apartment below us was driving me insane.  So, I took a ride to a local book store.  
 That is where I found this wonderful new magazine from the UK called Daphne's Diary.  Inside I found such unusual things"

"Daphne's Diary is a diary in the form of a magazine.  
Daphne invites you into her creative world of home and garden, 
cooking, travel, crafts and shopping."


Including cutout menus that were printed on both sides for you to create your own menus.
 Even more cutouts and creative inspiration could be found throughout the entire magazine.  It was reminiscent of the paper dolls I used to cutout from my McCall's magazine or from Home Companion magazine.

There is so much beauty in this magazine.  Some of her pages are handwritten, illustrated and have glorious photographs of her travels throughout Europe.


 Oh, thank you Daphne you certainly saved me from this noisy place, and brought a smile to my face as I devoured every page while sipping a Latte.  I downloaded this lovely table from the magazine's website.



Beverly said...

What a gorgeous publication. I smiled remembering cutting out the Betsy McCalls.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I remember Betsey McCall. My sister and I had to take turns every other month for the cut outs....

James Taylor has always been a favorite of mine. When I lived in Florida and we knew we were going to eventually move here to NC I played that song over and over.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful book! I'm off to search for it and go to the website, too. I'm so glad you found a house! YAY!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I hope all goes well with the move, Karen. Love that magazine, too.

Happy New Year!

xo

Sheila

Vee said...

What a fascinating and unique magazine. So glad that you are moving on...although that desk situation is very cool.

Joyce's Journey said...

I just bought that magazine also but have not read it yet. I flipped through it quickly at Barnes and Noble and knew I had to have it. I guess I'm saving it, but I need to read it. You've certainly intrigued me! Thanks for sharing!!

Blondie's Journal said...

What a fantastic magazine! It looks like it can give you hours of pleasure. I have been MIA a lot lately and had no idea you were moving. Whereabouts in N.C. if you don't mind me asking.

XO,
Jane

Kathleen Grace said...

Wow, I have to look for this! I have never seen it and it looks really beautiful, thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

I stopped by earlier this week and didn't have time to comment, but this magazine is absolutely gorgeous. All I kept thinking as I read was, "HOW CAN I GET MY HANDS ON ONE?" ;)
Happy to hear you found a house.
xoxo's

Mahek said...

Hi
Wonderful post..
I am from India and I have no chance of getting this magazine here.
But I love it so much as I love everything creative.
You gave me a visual treat my clicking pictures , Pls do show us if you do any projects from this magazine .
I have added you in my links
THANKS FOR SHARING

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -