Painting Pink Cabbage Roses

Pink Cabbage Roses...I was painting the other day, and I love painting roses.  One thing led to another and soon I was creating fabric collections like PINK CABBAGE ROSES.

How could I write a post about roses in my rose garden and flowered bell bottoms without sharing a tune about A Rose Garden from way back when.





Etsy recently asked us to change the look of our shops and share the manufacturers that we use.  So, I revamped my About Page on French Script.

I am proud that both Society6 and Spoonflower Fabrics give me an opportunity to have my designs printed here in America.



Society6 is always adding new products and they recently haven added  rugs to their product line.  Here is Pink Cabbage Roses done up as a rug.



I am always inspired by anything Shabby Chic, and I created my watercolor roses and combined them with a bit of French script.  Keeping it in a very Shabby Chic color scheme, I used my Paris blue background.

Teddy Bears?  There always has to be a few watercolor paintings of teddy bears.  I turned her into fabric, pillows, rugs and more on my shop.


And finally this design collection I call Flowered Bell Bottoms

It seemed so reminiscent of the flowered bell bottoms I had in the 60's.




Here is a little video watching Society6 create a canvas.  I also found a wonderful tour of Spoonflower fabrics on the Etsy Blog,    if you would like to take a stroll and see how my fabrics are printed.


I am linking to Mosaic Monday over at Mary's Dear Little Red House.



~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The teddy bear is so sweet....but oh, how I love the bell bottoms fabric. It's beautiful with just a bit on an edge! Very nice! Happy Sunday my friend!

Beverly said...

Absolutely gorgeous, dear Karen. You are amazing, and I adore you.

Please join us for Pink Saturday. I so miss you being there every week. You were one of the special people that made Pink Saturday wonderful.♥

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love your pick cabbage rose fabric! I remember that song too :-)

Blondie's Journal said...

Aw....the cabbage roses are so sweet. One of my favorite flowers. I LOVE the pillow and yes, that was a great song!

XO,
Jane

Pondside said...

Beautiful roses - and you've got the bell-bottom era just right in your flowery print.

eileeninmd said...

How pretty, your cabbage rose fabric. the teddy is adorable. Beautiful roses and images. Enjoy your new week!

Vee said...

I bet you looked fabulous in those bell bottoms. I loved bell bottoms once upon a time. Your fabrics are beautiful and I did enjoy the tour and I also thought how fun it would be to be to work in either place.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Delightful cabbage roses, and I did have a nice day out in the garden this afternoon.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my friend, I am late as my email notifications come in rather late. But this rose pattern is making me smile as I await the color to emerge from our soil after all this rain we are having! Your fabrics are JUST FABULOUS! I hope you are well; keep me posted, OK? LOVE! Anita

Kathleen Grace said...

Gorgeous new design Karen, I love the pink on the aqua background! I haven't looked into society 6 but I'm headed there now. Thanks for the tip!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Karen, just gorgeous are your cabbage pink roses. I love them with your French script as only you can do. Simply beautiful and I love the bell bottoms fabric. Great song to go with this theme.
Wishing you rose garden dreams.
Have a great week.
Hugs

Kristopher K said...

Such a beautiful collection of shabby chic designs inspired by your wonderful painting of pink cabbage roses.

(Totally intrigued by the idea of a custom printed rug ... how tempting :)

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -