The Gift of a Daffodil









Oh yes, I have been quite obsessed lately with Daffodils.

Is it I am so happy that Spring has arrived in New England?  Or is it just because they make me smile?

The gift of a Daffodil, they are so lovely and yet they are here for such a short time.  I have been memorizing them lately.


Photographing them, arranging them in vases and of course painting them.  I also love doing a bit of textures on top of my paintings.


No matter how I memorize them, I just enjoy seeing them in gardens, vases, and in bouquets at the market.






Then when I am all done gathering the inspiration and painting my finds, I love splattering those designs all over products.







Happy Daffodils...








Kathleen Grace said...

Beautiful Karen!

Vee said...

Oh lovely! None blooming here yet, but perhaps in May. The forsythia has not even bloomed...I did find the grape hyacinths blooming today.

Your art work is amazing...the texture on that photo makes it look like a painting...is it?

Susan said...

SOOOOOO pretty, Karen. Just love your daffodillies! They are such a pretty flower. I agree! Susan

Sarah said...

Karen, my daffodils are long ago bloomed out. Only the stalks remain, and they too will soon be brown and ready to cut back. Daffodils are such happy harbingers of spring. Happy Faces, indeed!
Your watercolor is delightful, my friend.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good gracious, did I need this TODAY, KAREN! Hearing that lovely man's voice (j'ai le béguin pour lui) and your art. William Shakespeare's words just dance in my heart as we here in Minnesota are STILL waiting for our spring to come. The daffodils want to come out and play, but are a bit timid as the fierce winds and threat of yet MORE SNOW howl in the air. Your art looks wonderful on all of these everyday articles, that seem to come to life with our magic touch. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! Anita

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your daffodils are beautiful Karen! Happy Spring!

Pondside said...

Happy Daffodils, Happy Spring, Karen!
Before I left home to work on the mainland on Sunday I dead-headed all my daffodils. They were such a treat this year and lasted extra-long.

Beverly said...

I love daffodils, too. I wish they lasted longer because they make me smile. Our daffodils are the first sign of Spring's coming.

You always have a smile here to share, Karen.♥

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -