A Perfectly Imperfect Christmas


Just a few more days until Christmas and I have to confess, I didn't manage to create the perfectly decorated home this year.  I have laid down my quest to be like Martha Stewart, do every perfect thing found on Pinterest, bake Christmas cookies and join blogging Christmas home tours.


 It was weighing heavy on my heart the other day that my usual Christmas "To Do" list wasn't going to get done.  Until I went out to dinner with daughter, Sarah and my son-in-law, Mike.
I had such a fun time with them, and it made me think about what is really important.



I awoke yesterday with a lighter list to do and instead took a drive with my daughter Ashley and Grandson, RJ.  Even though we had set out to find something fun to do with him, and possibly find a new tree to replace our ugly tree this year, we didn't because he fell asleep.  So, instead we drove to some Christmas tree places, had a wonderful conversation and realized that our tree was just fine.

When we returned, we didn't decorate the tree, we didn't do any of the things that I had on my list.  Instead we packed the car with Ashley, Ricky, RJ and Brayden and headed for Edenville to see the Festival of Lights.  I will share the photos with you tomorrow.

All that I can tell you, is that when I saw the look of my Grandson's face as we rode on the train through the Festival of Lights and watched as little Brayden swayed to the Christmas music, I knew that this was what was most important.
Today is day 20 of the Christmas countdown.  Please take home any artwork from this post that you might enjoy.  The song for this post is sung by Amy Grant, Grown-up Christmas List.  It make my cry when I heard the message again.  More than anytime before, we need the message in this song.


- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -