Shabby Chic Love and Mickey Mouse

I have been having so much fun designing a new Shabby Chic fabric collection called Once Upon A Time.  Here is Cole Porter, You Do Something to Me. I love old movies and old music and when this old world gets a bit overwhelming, I just lose myself in the olden days.

I painted watercolor pink roses and bluebirds and added some hand-drawn rose bouquets.  Roses and ribbons have always been a special favorite of mine.



I hope that you had a lovely Valentine's Day.

Designing some new Shabby Chic fabrics, always keeps me happy.
This design is part of my new Once Upon A Time fabric collection.  Here are some of the other designs in the collection.

Experiments with more of my own hand-drawn designs and watercolor roses have been more enjoyable and fun.  I have always felt the pressure to learn Adobe Illustrator like all the grown-up surface designers use.  But thanks to Molly Hatch's class on Creative Live, I learned that using my own hand-drawn designs works perfectly for my style.



I am so pleased how they have printed and that they look more like me.

Despite the snowy New England weather, I am getting ready to hopefully fly back to Boston later this week.  It's my Grandson, Brayden's birthday and we are planning a Mickey Mouse party.

My daughter Ashley and her friend Ashleigh of  Ashleigh Olson Photography  got together and photographed Brayden for a cake smash.  I love her photographs!
Her other friend Keri created two amazing Micky Mouse cakes for the cake smash.


Here is another wonderful cake that Keri created. Um, well it was amazing!


There is an amazing shop on Etsy that creates some amazing Mickey Mouse papers.  I used them to create Brayden's invitations.  They are called Paperland, and they have a beautiful selection of papers to use.



Now you know why I called this post Shabby Chic and Mickey Mouse.  I will catch up again when I get back to Boston.  We have had a bit of snow here in North Carolina too, so fingers crossed I will be able to fly home without delays.  


So, I am off to visit my snowy wonderland to make a snowman with my grandsons and plan a party with my daughters.

P.S.  All of the people and places that I have mentioned did not pay me to advertise.  They are just people and places that I adore.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -