The Forget-Me-Not Cross

Back in March I was inspired to write a poem about the Forget-Me-Not Cross. I never thought for a moment I was writing it to help me through a trial that I would endure several months later:
In a field of green hills and flora,
I could see a vision of grace and
familiarity,
There stood the cross left in all its’
glory with spirit-filled
memory,
The closer I came, the more perfect its’
reminder,
A carpet of flowers adorned each bough,
And once I touched my Savior’s cross,
I knew the meaning,
For on it lay hundreds of flowers,
Draped over my Lord’s gift to me,
Each one a sweet forget-me-not
A fragrant reminder to stay
close to Thee.

The day I took these photographs I was facing a difficult trial regarding my daughter. The grief I felt was almost unbearable. None-the-less I had to see my 81 year old mother for mother's day, so I got in the car and drove four hours. Along the way I stopped at my favorite place in the whole world...Stowe Vermont and the beautiful Von Trapp Lodge. As I walked through the fields and photographed the beauty around me I hoped to find some grace amongst the beauty. I came upon a spot I have never noticed before, as I walked through the path I looked down and saw a bunch of forget-me-nots. A little further and I was in the grotto and came upon the cross, and there He was in all His Glory, Jesus. Just like in my poem reminding me to Forget-Not who is there for me. I wept at His grace. You see I was walking in my poem and He was with me under that magnificent sky against those majestic mountains. I have been visiting the Von Trapp Lodge for over tens years, and I have never walked on that path, nor saw the cross. The timing was perfect...God's timing for me to discover such a beautiful place on such a day of despair. He is always with us, all that we need to do is not forget what He did for us on that cross.

“For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16

Suzie Q said...

Oh, Karen, this is a beautiful post..I'm so glad this happened for you, to remind you..and I've been singing those very words that you quoted from the Bible every Sunday throughout April with the choir that I joined last year! Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this story. I have one son who will be 17 in a few weeks time, so I can sympathise with what you might be going through with your daughter.. my boy has red hair - he must be one of your angels! ;)
Much Love & a comforting hug,
Suze xXx

p.s. the link attached to my sign-in is an old one. To get to my real blog, you'll need to go here: http://artography.wordpress.com

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -