A Creative Muse is In This House

Ephemera Celebration

A Creative Muse Flew In...
from California and taught a class today at my favorite hang out called Ink About It. You can imagine how surprised I was to learn that Kelly Kilmer, one of the artists featured in the book IN THIS HOUSE was teaching a class in design today at the wonderful and delightful Ink About It. It was so wonderful to lose myself in a new creative adventure so closely after Christmas.

It really helps with the let down of Christmas busyness being over, to be able to jump into a new creative adventure.


When I opened up the book IN THIS HOUSE by Angela Cartwright and Sarah Fishburn I was so inspired. I had no idea that the same actress that I once watched on the TV show Lost In Space was now lost in the magical world of mixed media and photography like the rest of us. The book is a gorgeous collection of collage art from various artists all designing around the “house” theme. After reading this book I was so inspired, that I designed White Christmas Vintage house canvases for the next month for my sisters, mom and friend Judy.

Angela Cartwright has a lovely place on the Internet, where you can visit her blog, see a gallery of her artwork and revisit her many roles in the movies and television. Sarah Fishburn has a lovely place, and on her site she has a link to see the inside of the book she co-authored, IN THIS HOUSE.

Together they publish a magazine thru lulu called Pasticciou

Some of the designs that Kelly introduced were using different size papers and arranging them in various ways before pasting them into our journals.


Kelly had twenty-two of us in her class, and it was so much fun seeing how everyone decorated the pages of their journals. Here was my interpretation of one of Kelly's ideas.



What a wonderful evening of creating. Piles of all kinds of paper were scattered on the floor for us to select for our collage. Little vats of paste were available as we all proceeded to rip, cut and paste all kinds of paper designs into place. I brought my IN THIS HOUSE book for Kelly to autograph, and we all had so much fun. Her work starts on page 60 of this inspirational treasure.


I met some great women who share my love of mixed media. We swapped favorite haunts to find Ephemera and tips on our favorite papers and creations and how to organize inspiration. I love crafting, especially in a classroom setting. It brings back childhood memories of coloring, cutting out paper dolls and sharing the joy of creating with the girls.



Thank you Kelly, and thank you to the ladies of the INK ABOUT IT shop for hosting such a creative event.

The name of the song for this post is Somewhere Over The Rainbow. One of my favorite's and it reminds me of the ending of one of my favorite movies You've Got Mail.
Alison Gibbs said...

Sounds like you had a fun creative time.
Alison

Mary said...

Oh, that sounds like such a great class!
xoxo,
Mary

Kelly Kilmer said...

Thanks Karen for the kind words!! It was wonderful meeting you. Hope to see you again in the future!
Happy New Year,
Kelly

Joyce said...

How lucky we were to spend a rainy Thursday creating beautiful art. I agree, it was a wonderful class. Kelly is a great teacher and a pleasure to work with. "Ink About It" has become one of my favorite things , I hope that this was the first of many classes there. I love your blog and will be sure to visit again.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -