Pink Saturday

DSC04535

handmade-holiday-128-hollyBev from How Sweet The Sound is hosting Pink Saturday,

DSC04516

handmade-holiday-128-hollyBev has asked that this Saturday we share our favorite ornament for the Holidays.

DSC04524

handmade-holiday-128-hollyChristmas brings out lots of wonderful ornaments attached to wonderful memories. Like this crystal sleigh with reindeer that my mother gave to me, while shopping together at the Christmas Loft in Burlington, Vermont.

DSC04531

handmade-holiday-128-hollyI love taking the ornaments out of the boxes and letting them lead me down Memory Lane. Like these three Santas. Each one a handmade gift from my sister, Susan over the years. This year she has created needle felted Santas.

DSC04525

handmade-holiday-128-hollyIt's difficult to choose just one ornament as a favorite. Like this ornament I got while out with my lovely friend Joyce when we went to see The Christmas Carol this year, performed by Charles Dicken's Great Great Grandson.

DSC04521

handmade-holiday-128-hollyEach one holds it's special meaning.

DSC04537

handmade-holiday-128-hollyI guess if I were to select something special, it would be my Santa collection. Like this beautiful one my friend Judy gave to me one year, and the Santa music box that we received for a wedding gift. The other Santa was a surprise gift last year from my daughter, Ashley.

DSC04520

handmade-holiday-128-hollyStill, there are more tucked safely yet in their boxes until we decorate the tree together.

DSC04519

handmade-holiday-128-hollyFor now my mantel holds some of the collection.

DSC04517

handmade-holiday-128-hollyI love adding one thing each year to mark that chapter. I painted this Santa one year at Vaillancourt Folk Art with the master painters.

Vaillancourt Santa design that I painted recently

handmade-holiday-128-hollyThis year I selected to take a class at Ink About It to learn how to make this wonderful printer's box. Mary designed this wonderful idea using beautiful papers with dimension as the background.

DSC04508

handmade-holiday-128-hollyI added a tiny Santa and a few little bits to complete the look.

DSC04539

DSC04509

handmade-holiday-128-hollyI celebrated my Birthday on Wednesday and my daughter Ashley gave me these gorgeous roses. I love having my birthday this time of year.

DSC04533

handmade-holiday-128-hollySarah gave me a gift certificate and I purchased this cloche with a lovely bird on top.

DSC04511

handmade-holiday-128-hollyThis time of year, memories seem to be wrapped around so many images of special Christmases.

DSC04514

handmade-holiday-128-hollyPerhaps my favorite ornament after all, is that memories decorate our lives and live on in each little treasure selected to celebrate that Christmas.

We Wish you a Merry Christmas with text

handmade-holiday-128-hollyThe song for this post is from the movie Home Alone. We are never home alone at Christmas surrounded by meaningful tokens from Christmas memories. The Song is perfect for this post because it is called Somewhere in My Memory. Here is a collage from one of those Christmas memories.

Merry Christmasblogheader1563632
Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Happy PS, Karen! I adore your Santas! I collect them, too, and have shared some of mine in previous posts. I love your post today and the thought that you put into it. Chapters of Memories, I like that! Love that little type tray that you made, too!

Please stop by and see my fav decoration and look at past posts to see our holiday home when you get a chance!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Oops, forgot to wish you a Happy Happy Birthday a few days late! Mine is the 15th ~ aren't we lucky to have bdays in such a special month? I used to pretend that everyone was decorating JUST FOR ME!!! LOL

Your flowers are gorgeous, as is that sweet little bird-topped cloche!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Karen! Those ornaments are so wonderful, but my favorite is that crystal sleigh with the reindeer!! That is stunning! I didn't get a chance to ever see the Christmas Loft in Vermont when I was there....there are so many enchanting shops in New England! Have a beautiful Saturday, Anita

Draffin Bears said...

Happy Birthday dear Karen!
I love all your Christmas ornaments, especially the glass sleigh and reindeer.
Have a wonderful weekend

Hugs
Carolyn

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Karen, YOUR worlds are an encouragement to me...Miss Bunny had said that if it were a story, she would buy it! My dream you know, IS to publish some day. I usually am a "BOLD MAMA" and I do whatever I want to do regardless of how far-fetched it may be. I have a long way to go before I consider myself a real writer, but thanks to wonderful friends like you, I am encouraged that I can at least move a person's heart to read my work. Thank you ever so much and have a lovely New England holiday weekend!! Anita

BALLET NEWS said...

Everything looks so beautiful and original Karen. Have a lovely weekend

Claudia said...

Beautiful post, Karen. It is the memories evoked as we pull out our ornaments every year that make them so powerful. Happy Belated Birthday! and Happy Pink Saturday!

HiHo said...

wonderful photos and sentiments, may your season be bright. HP,Heidi

The Dutchess said...

WOW...beautiful blog...greets from Holland ;)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a lovely post, Karen! I adore all of you wonderful decorations, but I agree with you, my favorite decorations are the memories of special Christmases past. Still, everything is just lovely. Your posts always leave me feeling so uplifted. Thank you for being YOU!

Happy Pink Saturday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Tristan Robin said...

so many charming santas! - and I'm still loving the fab architecture of your fireplace!

gorgeous flowers!

Betzie said...

LOVE your pics and decorations, all of them!!! That printer's box is gorgeous and a wonderful keepsake. SOmething else I want to make now!!!
I loved seeing your pretty mantel too as I love to change mine every year.
THanks for sharing and HPS!
Happy belated Birthday too!!!

Diva Kreszl said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely holiday photos...it's all so beautiful! I too collect santas and have that very same Jim Shore one, Happy Belated Birthday!

Vicki said...

Hi, Karen,
Birthday greetings to you!! Your home is so lovely. Your mantle is beautiful with all of your cherished Santas and other Christmas remembrances. I so enjoyed getting a peek into your home and seeing all of your Christmas momentos. Have a great weekend, stay cozy and warm! Vicki

LADY JANE said...

Karen..What a beautiful collection of favorites...and sweet memories to go with them!

Cathy said...

Oh Karen, I just love the mosaic of all your favorites. I was like Oooo, Out loud when I saw it.

Gorgeous decorations. I really love the garland too. Thank you for sharing.

xo Cath

Suzie Button said...

Karen, I don't know where to begin on how beautiful all your decorations are! I love your printers box too you created! I love taking craft classes! Happy, Happy Birthday too! And, of course, Happy Pink Saturday! Suzie

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Hi Sweet Karen...wow..your Christmas collections are so beautiful! Happy Birthday too!!
Merry Christmas & Happy Pinks..xo Tami

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Karen, I am catching up on my blog reading (I'm way behind!) What a beautiful post! Your fireplace is gorgeous, and I love the way you've decorated the mantle. So many pretties to see. The mosaic with the Christmas tree in the center is so pretty. I spotted the neatest little sectioned house with Santas in it, and I fell in love with that. The tree is so pretty too. You have such a unique and creative way of decorating. I love coming here to get inspiration. laurie

Nancy Jo said...

Hi KAREN,
Boy I don't think I can choose a favorite. I have so many, from my childhood, from my kids when they were little, from friends.
You have a lot of pretty ones, I have several Santa's too. Hard to pass them up when I see them all alone in July at the thrift store. HA.
I made a cute bag yesterday, has nothing to do with Christmas. Also another picture of my box of papers. Any idea, if you are looking, what to do with the cigar boxtop Indian?
Major storm here this week, a bit calmer today.
Nancy Jo

Betty said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Your home and your Santa collection are wonderful.
Happy Belated Birthday too!! I wish I would have known earlier. I hope it was a wonderful day!

caren said...

Everything is so beautiful! Don't you love Santas with pretty faces? The Santa in the beautiful crystal sleigh looks like a Radko - is that right? Happy Pink Saturday.

Pam said...

Your Santas are lovely. You have a wonderful collection. Thanks for sharinig.

Happy Pink Saturday.

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Happy Birthday your roses are beautiful and your other collections too.

Kathleen Grace said...

Happy belated birthday Karen! I am so sorry I missed it. I hope you had a wonderful day with your family:>) Your collections are so beautiful, We all have things we adore that seem to bring back sweet memories, that is what makes Christmas so special!

Elyse said...

hi karen,

what a lovely and festive post. the christmas carol production must have been so cool!

happy happy belated birthday! i hope it was a great day full of laughter, happiness, family and a great cake!

xo

Alison Gibbs said...

Karen Happy Birthday.
It is wonderful when the christmas decorations come from friends and family. Every year that we use these decorations it brings back the memory of the person who gave us these decorations
Alison

♥Mimi♥ said...

We don't need elaborate decorations or a big tree or numerous gifts under a tree. All any of us needs is to carry the spirit of Christmas in our hearts and to share it all year long with everyone we meet.

Santa is winning it hands down for a favorite ornament with angels coming in a far second. Isn't it amazing the memories that rush forth when we decorate for the holidays?


Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me today. Yes, I'm crazy about ♥PINK♥ but I'm also devoted to visiting some of the nicest blogs in cyberspace.

Hoping your weekend is filled with peace.

Mollye said...

Happy Belated Birthday Karen and Happy Pink Saturday and Merry Christmas too! So much to celebrate and especially the most important birthday of all. He who makes it all possible for us.

I adore your tray, you did a wonderful job and your collage is fun, fresh and interesting. Holiday Hugs, Mollye

Joyce said...

The house looks fabulous Miss Karen. Even though we can't make it to NY, I think that we still should get together this week for a mental health day. There is a wonderful photo exhibit in Manchester, NH with photos by Brett Weston. Feel like a mini road trip?

Nanna said...

hapy pink sat. I love your santa collection, my husband has a snowman collection

Helen

Lori said...

Karen, what a wonderful collection of santas!!! your mantle looks just gorgeous!!!

Sue said...

Happy belated birthday...You have a great Santa collection...I especially loved the folk art handpainted one...it's beautiful...I saw in your profile that you used to live in Princeton...We are leaving for there on Wednesday for the holiday...My daughter and her family have a house there from 1760
My MIL grew up there and we are very fond of it...it's a great place to spend Christmas on Palmer Square......better then in the South!!!

jeanne said...

Karen, your post is always such a treat to visit. I am sorry I haven't been visiting as much as I want to. We have been out of town so many weekends this fall. The weeks have flown by.

I adore your Santa collection and all of your loved decorations that have special meaning. I agree it is hard to pick just one. Your tray is so sweet. You put your special touch on everything. Love the collage or mosaic too.

I hope your birthday was special, just like you.

Thank you for your sweet comment on my ps post.

Hugs xoxo, Jeanne

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Happy PiNk to you, Karen...

and Happy Birthday too! :0) I enjoyed looking at all of your lovely Christmas decorations..just beautiful.

Do drop by when you have a moment to see my Mini Aprons. :0)

Hugs,
Stephanie

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, dear Karen. Oh, I wish I had known it was your birthday. I hope it was filled with joy and love.

I love your Christmas decorations, and that each one is a token of a special memory.

Nancy said...

Karen - beautiful Santa collection and I adore the box you made. I'm going to do up an old printers tray like that. Going to see your new store now. Have a wonderful week. :) Nancy

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -