Pink Saturday Miracle Party


Feather Field

"The tests of life are not meant to break you, but to make you." 
Norman Vincent Peale




oday is Pink Saturday, but not just any Pink Saturday...this one is about miracles.  To celebrate the power of "creative miracles"  Saturday August 28 is a Pink Saturday Miracle Party,  Bev from How Sweet The Sound is hosting many miracle posts.











Feather FieldGuidepost has created a Miracle Makeover for Colette Gautheir, who is battling cancer.  Kelee from Katillacshack and her crew from Guidepost Magazine went to Colette's home and designed a beautiful room make-over just for Colette.  Kelee has transformed this healing space and you can watch here.

Psalm 91 five


Feather FieldBecause this is a Miracle Party, we are sharing miracles.  I would like to share a miracle that changed the course of my life.
When I was married to my first husband, we had moved further out to Suffolk County on Long Island.  I was working in a town nearby as a secretary.

angel on the water


Feather FieldWhen my ex told me he didn't want to be married anymore, I  moved forty miles away to Great Neck, New York.  I moved into a lovely apartment around the corner from the train station, which could have taken me into NYC.


Statue of an Angel



Feather FieldUnfortunately I still had my old job with a long commute, which left me little time to search for a new job.  I wasn't making much money at the time, and struggling financially.


Large statue of an Angel

Feather FieldOne day I turned to my co-worker and told her how much I would have loved to work in New York. I told her I would love to work down the block from Rockefeller Center.  I started telling her that this had been a dream of mine since I was seventeen years old.


DSC05957



Feather FieldShortly after my conversation with Vera, my roommate, Nancy telephoned.  She called me to tell me that her boss was relocating from Xerox, Long Island into one of their Manhattan offices.

picnikfile_UYvbOC



Feather FieldShe said that he needed a secretary and would I be interested in interviewing.   Where in Manhattan, I asked. "Oh, on Fifth Avenue and 52nd Street, just down the block from Rockefeller Center."

Fall sky


Feather FieldI nearly jumped out of my chair.  Yes, I got the job.  It was the best job I ever had, and it began a long career working at Xerox as a secretary, support representative and eventually a sales representative.

DSC05954

Feather FieldI received many promotions and pay raises which eventually allowed me to move into Manhattan.

Lighthouse Window

Feather FieldOne of my customers, Sue who became a good friend introduced me to Marble Collegiate Church, where I had the opportunity to hear Norman Vincent Peale teach on the power of positive thinking. I began listening to his tapes and attending Marble Collegiate regularly.

DSC02558

Feather FieldReading Norman Vincent Peale's books, hearing his words and studying God's word helped me to overcome the hurts in my life, it taught me to replace bitterness with the sweet words found in a positive outlook, and a change of heart.


Miracles Do Happen.  Something we find over and over again in the words of Norman Vincent Peale, and God’s Word. We can find it in Guidepost Magazine through the many miracle stories that have been told since Norman began this amazing work.




A nice night for sailing

Since those days in the 70’s in Manhattan sitting in Marble Collegiate on Sundays, listening to Norman's sermons, trying to memorize each one of his words,  I have had many many miracles.  Norman was right, and how glorious that his work lives on today through Guidepost and angels like Kelee.


"When you wholeheartedly adopt a 'with all your heart' attitude and go all out with the positive principle, you can do incredible things." Norman Vincent Peale



Prayer


Feather FieldPlease leave a comment here.  Let's all pray that Colette receives many more miracles during her road to recovery. 
 The song for this post is called Miracles.


A Prayer






favorite watercolor painting which I created a while back,  is called Miracle.  There on the ground amongst rocks and dirt, a flower blooms...  


The painting is matted in a forest green mat and framed in a gold frame with flora etchings.  This painting is being given away on Kalee's post.  So, please stop by and leave a comment.












"Joy increases as you give it, and diminishes as you try to keep it for yourself. In giving it, you will accumulate a deposit of joy greater than you ever believed possible." Norman Vincent Peale




Lovely Sherry from Country Wings in Phoenix,  Bev from Pink Saturday and Charlotte who is hosting many bloggers on Spiritual Sunday are joining today's celebration of Miracles and prayer for even more miracles for Colette.  Please visit them, be uplifted by this party of miracles and leave a comment.

Tete said...

Wonderful post!
Tete

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a beautiful post Karen. It is amazing how beautiful things can happen when we believe. I truly believe in the power of positive thinking. I also believe in paying it forward, and random acts of kindness.

I have been fortunate to be a part - although small - in the Colette miracle. One of my mosaic pieces is in her healing room.

I am also donating a custom made mosaic cross as a giveaway on Kelee's blog.
xo
Penny

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful post and a wonderful story. I am so glad you had a happy ending.

Char said...

I really enjoyed your post this week and hearing about the trails in your life. What an amazingly beautiful story of hope and love. I do believe that if we open up our hearts to the endless possibilities to us, each one of us could indeed do great things for one another. Happy Miracle Party, Char

Vee said...

Oh this was a great read...enjoyed every word. God really was at work in your life. I visited Kelee just yesterday and saw your lovely painting being offered there as a giveaway. And I watched the video and was amazed. I've always enjoyed reading Guideposts, too, but I never had the joy of hearing Norman Vicent Peale in person, but he must've appeared on lots of the talk shows of the day because I do remember seeing him that way.

Sarah said...

Wonderful post, Karen. Positive thoughts most often take one down the road of happiness. Thanks for sharing your story. ~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

Design Angel Karen!

This is an amazing post. So beautiful in layout, words, inspiration....insight. Thank-you Karen for your donation of The Miracle--the beautiful watercolor that is perfect for the event.

Your generosity is so appreciated. So happy you are on the team.

I am excited abut the weekend!

Blessings to all!

Kelee Happy Pink Saturday!

A Tale of Two Cities said...

May the blessings and prayers of friends carry Colette through this difficult time and lift her up. Friends are one of God's greatest gifts He has blessed us with. Thank you for sharing your story and hers.

Debi

Kathleen Grace said...

What a fantastic post Karen! I am so geeked that you actually got to hear Dr. Peale in person! I remember hearing him on the radio as a kid and then I found his books. He was a great man. I saw you mentioned on Kelee's post and I have left comments on all the posts. This was a great collaboration and a wonderful gift to someone in need of a lift and an outpouring of love:>)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Karen, this is extremely uplifting, beautifully photographed, BOLD and BRIGHT with the truth that surrounds us all, but is unfortunately overlooked. The things of invisible dimensions, ironically, are the things that last the most and the miracle is when we can see them, be touched and CHANGED by them. What a wonderful human being NVP must have been to struggle through life to find his VOICE. Bravo my dearest. I know Sherry and she is an angel in her own right.

I do hope you got all my photos of the fabric....many blessings to you, Anita

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, dear Karen. Thank you for making Pink Saturday special, and for taking part in this day of celebration and thanks.

There truly are miracles going on all around us every day. We just have to open our hearts in acceptance. Thank you for sharing one of your life miracles.

Ann said...

Thank you for sharing your life's story. You receieved the desire of your heart, how wonderful. I also enjoyed all the beautiful picutres.
Ann

myletterstoemily said...

dear karen,

i loved your miraculous story that really
is a miracle for all of us, because here
you are thrilling us with your lovely
creativity!

i left a comment at the design for colette
site. what a generous endeavor!

love,
lea

ps. cliffhanger, huh?

Annesphamily said...

Miracles really do happen! Especially when you keep believing! Blessings to you today and always. I loved your story and I love Colette's story. I am praying for a happy ending too! Anne

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Karen,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful story. It is truly amazing what the power of positive thinking can do to change our lives.

What a beautiful weekend in Blog Land with so many Blog Angels sharing their inspirational stories and prayers for Colette and others in need of prayer.

The miracle painting you donated is beatiful.
Blessings and Hugs,
Erin

Kateyed said...

I will keep here in my prayers, Karen. I love the idea of a healing space. I have dealt with a pain disorder of twelve years and my room is a very healing space for me. On the shelf, in front of my bed, are my very favorite things, among them, an angel given to me by a dear friend who died; a small bust of Jesus; a silk-scupture woman sitting in a prayerful attitude; a Mexican sacred heart and a Mary statue from Croatia. it keeps me centered on hard days.

What a wonderful gift to give to her but the most powerful, I believe, is our prayer.

Thank you for presenting it so beautifully!

Hugs,
Suz

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, beautiful testimony, beautiful painting.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Such a beautiful post today, sweet Karen. You have shared your heart with us all. And your heart is just as beautiful as your outward beauty! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving sweet comments. I'm always uplifted by my time spent visiting your lovely blog!

Happy PINK SATURDAY!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Betty said...

Thank you for sharing your story Karen. I too believe that everything happens for a reason. Have a wonderful Pink weekend.

Elyse said...

hi karen,

i loved reading the story your shared. i just read the sweetest memoir called 'summer at tiffany' -- i hope to blog about it soon. i have a hunch you would really enjoy it. even the cover is pretty (may i admit that's what first attracted me to the book?).

thank you so much for your comments. they are always like a warm blanket to me, if that makes sense. :)

beautiful post for today's miracle party.

xo
elyse

i keep wondering if you'll end up on a road trip to stonington tomorrow to meet alexandra!

SandwichINK Real Estate Info said...

What a lovely memory and encouraging post. The word of God is indeed powerful!

Alison Gibbs said...

Karen a wonderful post
Alison

Jeanne said...

Good morning Karen, it is Sunday morning and I am up early to comment as much as I can. thank you for the kindest comment on our miracle story. Our daughter is truly an angel of mercy and we are so proud of her. I didn't mention how the pain in her legs has been with her all these years. She still carries on with her life's work and never misses a day of work.

I so enjoyed your miracle story Karen. I truly believe in the power of positive thinking. I too always look at the glass half full. Norman Vincent Peale gave inspiration to millions through his life's work. He lived what he taught. Your job was a blessing. Not many people can say they LOVED their job all through their working career. I absolutely believe your outlook on life, as a result of the miracle changes, is responsible for how much you loved your job. Smile.

Guidepost is awesome for co-sponsoring this wonderful story of Collette's. I needed a tissue when I saw her face at the wonderful bedroom makeover reveal. Kelee's angel is beautiful and so is the bedroom. She is a beautiful caring person and the video of the makeover is so heartwarming. God's work is very real when you see all of the volunteers working so hard to help a person who needs inspiration, hope and love. I am humbled by the work of this group of caring individuals and Guide Post's part in this awesome story.

I would love to win your 'Miracle' painting. I hope I am lucky. A thoughtful, beautiful donation to the miracle party giveaways.

Love and hugs, Jeanne

Mermaids of the Lake said...

Karen, that was a beautiful post. Every bit of it. Your painting is beautiful, as well. Thank you for being so generous.

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen! Your story is so inspiring! And you are so kind.

Btw - I love your suggestion. I am going to ask Kellee if she would be interested in any of my art work.

Marina Capano said...

Hi Karen! What a just beautiful post...by the way, your post always are amazing! I love your post style!

xoxo

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -