Some of my favorite things




Lately, I have had so much fun creating my treasuries on Etsy.  

I get such a thrill when I go back to my selections and find that some things have sold.

I love fashion, and I follow all the young trends, and devour fashion magazines since (gulp) 1965 when I wanted to be a fashion illustrator.


The best part about creating treasuries like a recent one I called Fashionieta, is that I have met the nicest and most talented people through creating a mosaic of my favorite things.

Like Viki Tiamat from Petti Bear's Fashion Roar.

I created a treasury I called Fashioniesta, and her beautiful necklace was the star of the mosaic.

Now, it would have been lovely to receive a thank you, which so many people do.


fashion_roar_2 copy"

Viki really surprised me today and featured me on her blog and wrote about my work.

I never expected such kindnesses for selecting a beautiful creation from Viki's shop on etsy, for my little treasury.

Please stop by and visit Viki, 

Viki Tiamat
I'm a 29 year old Israeli fashion and graphic designer who combines the passion for handmade with being a full time stay at home mom.

All of the creations I featured on this post were designed by Viki.  What a find, not just the beautiful creations, but to find a beautiful person who took the time to write such lovely things, she made my day!!!  

Thank you Viki.

The song for this post is Baubles, Bangles and Beads.


Vee said...

Such intriguing creations! I've never seen anything like them. Of course, I can't see myself wearing them, but I do see my niece being able to. Just lovely! Off to visit Viki.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Karen, THAT AQUA FLOWERED NECKLACE IS STUNNING! As well as your other beauties!!! CREATE!!! Anita

myletterstoemily said...

dear karen,

i am so in awe of your talent and
gift. it was lots of fun to meet
your israeli designer, too!

i have only created five beautiful
things, but i love to take a lovely
song that someone else wrote and
soar with it.

blessings,
lea

Unknown said...

Karen,WOW!!!!! I wasn't expecting such a complimenting feature...Thanks a bunches !!! As I said,it was truly my pleasure exposing your works to my friends and readers-people must share beauty when they find it in the hidden etsy world :) Hope to see you around...Bear hugs-Viki

Kateyed said...

Your necklaces are indeed wonderful, Karen. Your photography shows them off well.I have a lot to learn from you!
Suz

Kathleen Grace said...

Lovely things! I love etsy becasue you can find the most unique and wonderful things there. Not the same old same old from department stores. Truley a fabulous market and one that builds entrepreneurs!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love shopping on ETSY! I especially love the white rope that's twisted! I need to figure our which shop you found that! Beautiful treasures! ♥

Jeanne said...

Good morning Karen, Viki's creations are so unusual and beautiful. This kind of creative art is wonderful to see. Thank you for bringing Viki to us with this shout out. That is what makes blogging so much fun. Blogging friends are so much a center of our lives. Amazing huh? Who knew? I am so glad Beverly brought me into this world of friendships that mean so much to all of we 'Bloggers.' Smile.

Have a wonderful day.
Love, Jeanne

Unknown said...

G'day Karen ~ Your creations are sooo over the moon gorgeous! I love them all but the bracelet & aqua necklace grab me so.

What a beautiful & generous gift to share with Kelee in the Colette Angel Miracle Makeover. Thank you.

Have a beautiful weekend.
TTFN ~ Marydon

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -