Letters to Juliet

7-1








 have my favorite little library of movies that always make me feel good.

a new scrapbook layout

7-1There is The Holiday, Sleepless in Seattle, You’ve Got Mail, Foul Play, Sabrina, and now added to this list will be Letters to Juliet...


7-1Vanessa Redgrave is stunning and she is so believable in her role as Claire. Being someone in my sixties, I love to see a love story about someone close to my age.

7-1Amanda Seyfried is lovely and she is as adorable as Meg Ryan always seemed to me in all of her movies.


7-1The story takes place in New York and Italy. Verona, home of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.

7-1It seems that women come from all over to write letters to Juliet for love advice.


7-1The secretaries of Juliet are a group of women who answer these letters.

7-1The story begins when the character played by Amanda Seyfriend finds a love letter dating back to 1957.

7-1 She writes to Claire, the character played by Vanessa Redgrave, and the rest is told is this lovely film.


DSC05256

7-1The backdrops are as breathtaking, as only the light of Italy can reflect in so many beautiful scenes.

7-1I loved this movie so much that I have already watched it twice.

7-1On a recent book find, I found an adorable little volume of Romeo and Juliet. Perhaps if I hadn’t watched this movie recently I would have passed over our favorite words of William Shakespeare.

7-1I found that the Letters to Juliet is a book, originally published in 2006,

72705382

but now released with a new cover in book stores.


7-1The club of letter writers actually does exist in Verona Italy, and

7-1you can see the courtyard where the movie begins and the many women who write love advice standing on Juliet’s balcony.

blue letters five

7-1The song for this post is from the movie, it is called Love Story sung by Taylor Swift.





7-1Footnotes 
Juliet’s birthday was on September 16th and is celebrating in the city of Verona every year.

7-1

7-1Oh, and one more thing, if you would like to write your own letter to the Juliet Club here is the address, I contacted them to get the updated address:

CLUB DI GIULIETTA - THE JULIET CLUB


Club di Giulietta
Via Galilei 3
37133 Verona

tel/fax 045 533115

or email:

info@julietclub.com

I have written this post because I adore the movie, and am fascinated with the knowledge that this is based on a real group of women who take the time to answer these letters.  I am not associated with advertising the movie or books.

The Fabulessly Frugal posted about a coupon for purchasing the DVD.
Suz said...

Karen,
This is a lovely post and the pictures and graphics you have chosen are so nice. I also liked the song by Taylor Swift. I mentioned the movie to my daughter who is a big theater buff and we are going to try to find it on "On Demand" TV or buy it. Love watching a good chick flick with my girl!
Thanks Karen!
Suz
(thanks also for the advice on learning computer graphic...I am thirty, if you can, I can, too!)

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

I've never seen this movie, but oh wow, you made me want to see it! Your pictures, are beautiful, as always. laurie

Margaret said...

this is such a gorgeous post :) so much inspiration!!
great blog!
loving the posts
stop by some time xx

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Gorgeous idea! I love the holiday and this movie, the notebook, ever after and chocolat. They just warm you up and lift you. I am soo glad you are well and thank-you for the wonderful tribute post to the art of love stories. Blessings friend.

Mary Lou said...

would you believe I have never read the story? I will now. and will see the movie. I love your photos and love the balcony.

Beverly said...

Ah, Karen. We are of one heart.

We watched this movie this past weekend, and it is a new favorite for me, too.

Did you know that Vanessa Redgrave is married to Franco Nero who plays Lorenzo? And, he also played Lancelot to her Guinevere in Camelot.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Lovely post!

I visited Verona when I was 18 on a school trip to Italy. I saw Juliet's balcony and have a photo of it very much like the first photo in your blog!

I haven't seen the movie as yet but it is in my Netflix queue. It sounds delightful!

Fabulessly Frugal said...

Yay! Glad you got the coupon Karen! Thanks for the link. :)

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -