The Sketchbook Challenge




My friend Karen from Creativity Cake told me about The Sketchbook Challenge.


DSC_0108The project began on January 1, 2011.  Each month there is a theme.

DSC_0108


DSC_0108This month the theme is OPPOSITES.


DSC_0108There is a wonderful group of women hosting the challenge and offering tips, tutorials, and techniques.  There are also prizes awarded from some pretty amazing sponsors.

The Sketchbook challenge blog has a wonderful post about The Sketch-In.

DSC_0104

DSC_0108When I saw the theme for February, I knew just what I would sketch, then using ink and watercolor...

The Sketchbook Challenge, my Vintage typewriter


DSC_0108My Underwood Vintage typewriter and my Apple iPad.

The Sketchbook Challenge - My iPad

DSC_0119Little did I know when I used to type on my manual typewriter using correct-a-type...

The sketchbook challenge, working on my theme for February

DSC_0097that someday I would be working on an Apple iPad.

DSC_0108So, my entry for February OPPOSITES is...

Sketchbook Challenge Opposites



An Apple iPad and a Vintage Underwood typewriter.  If you would like to join in for sketching fun, just click HERE.


The song for this post always makes me happy, just like sketching with my paintbrush.  Mindy Gledhill sings Whole Wide World.
Blondie's Journal said...

This is a very neat project and I love your sketches! You chose a great example of opposites and didn't have to look far! I hope you participate each month!

XO,
Jane

Vee said...

I bet that no one else did that one! Pretty darned clever of you. I still like the look of the manual typewriter far better. Such classic lines...

Elyse said...

wow, karen! your topic is perfect and your painting is always wonderful! how fun to be part of this challenge!

you and your paintbrush are busy bees!

xo
elyse

Cindy said...

I love it, brought back memories too, actually made me laugh when I think of when I was learning typing in high school on old clunker bunkers. take care.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

How I so wish I could participate in this!!!!! LOVELY artwork as always dear Karen, artist and inspirationalist, EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!! Anita

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your chose wonderful opposites to illustrate for this challenge, Karen, and painted them so beautifully.

How I wish my Mom still had my Dad's old Underwood!

A Tale of Two Cities said...

I think that's a pretty creative set of opposites! Those two are about as opposite as night and day! Right now, I borrow my husband's iPad when I need it, but I think we may become a two iPad family soon...

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Oh this was FUN! Love the challenge and love your vintage Underwood versus Apple. Sense of humor is so important.

I agree with Vee, love that Underwood.

All joys,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -