Sometimes I lose confidence in my work

script hot air balloon for post

I love to create,

script for script post three

but sometimes I lose confidence in my work.

script hot air balloon for script post two

I look at artists who sell thousands of prints of their work,

french script everywhere

and artists who always know just the right thing to enter in a theme contest.

DSC_0119

I visit blogs who have such an edgy, cool and young approach.


I always feel like the kid staring over the fence at the popular kids.

Watercolor bird yellow

I lose hope and want to stop it all...

daisy homework best

my little itty bitty etsy shops,

Quaint cottage

my blog,

sweettreat

entering any contest, group or party.




And then I get a letter from a relative of the author of Raggedy Andy,


or a lovely lady who would like a fabric designed to remind her of how much she loves her husband.


and I find myself feeling inspired to create all over again.


Well, I am off for the day to go out in the sunshine albeit the temperature is brrrrr cold.


I am off to find my creative muse, there's no telling where she is today.

sweettreat


The song for this post is sung by Tracy Kent,

Everything seems sweeter in French

who sounds amazing no matter what she is singing.

The moral of this post is...never give up.  Even if you only touch one heart that's enough!!!!!

DSC09090
Sarah Knight said...

I feel that way too sometimes : )
And then I manage to have a spurt of creativity...

You are very creative, and you are one of the cool kids
; )

Christmas-etc... said...

Absolutely! It's known as being human and those feelings come to the best (or not so best!) of us! thanks for sharing - if you feel this way sometimes...there is hope for all of us!
Blessings for inspiration and that "on top of the world" feeling!!
Ann

Vee said...

It must be this way for all artists. Glad that you persevere because you are doing a unique and lovely thing. Do tell us where your capricious muse was hiding today!

Unknown said...

I agree, we all get those feelings. I think it helps when you get words of encouragement and admiration from other artists. I was feeling that way yesterday. I just wanted to cry. I worked it out, but that's part of the reason I decided to comment on your blog.
Your work is wonderful. I always leave inspired (and a little bit awed by your talent.)

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Karen,

This is such a great post! Of course all creatives feel like this sometimes...it gets to us.
But rejection or seeing that things are not happening the way we expect make us better and stronger.
We will take a short break, pick our creative tools once again and start a new project...it's part of the process. And in the end all good.


~ Gabriela ~

myletterstoemily said...

you are so right, and the times we feel
the least creative, a breeze blows a
lovely thought our way.

i don't know what i would do without
the beauty of your blog. please don't
try to be cool . you are just right!!!!!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I am a new follower and just amazed, inspired and in awe! So glad you became encouraged again...at this point of visiting I just set going, "WOW" how does she do that! Thanks for sharing your talent.

Kathleen Grace said...

Karen we all go through that! I questioned ever putting anything "out there" for others for so many wasted years only to find that there are people who really do appreciate my vision. I have some of your gorgeous paintings hanging on my walls where I can see them every day and I love them! Don't give up and don't compare your work with others. We all have different styles and I love yours:>)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I always feel inspired and uplifted when I visit your blog. Sometimes I leave your blog open while I do other things...listen to the music, see the images when I walk past! You make a difference in my life...you make it more beautiful! Thank you! ♥♥♥

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I think we all feel like that on some days. I LOVE visiting you, sweetie, you are always so encouraging, and I adore seeing your creations. xo Lidy
{ps. I am having a GIVEAWAY...and I wish everyone could be the winner. }

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love coming to visit you, Karen, I always leave encouraged! I think we all feel that way on some days.

{ps. I am having a GIVEAWAY on our blog}
xo

Cindy said...

You don't need to fit in,,,just be you, I Think you are already extraordinary and oh so talented, don't doubt yourself, you have so much to offer. love to you, c

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

You work is beyond exceptional, Karen. But I think we all feel that way. I seem to think that we all support each other. Our job as the artist is to do what our heart is calling us to do...the rest is our audience. We are meant to create, no matter what. LOVE TO YOU, Anita

Elyse said...

oh gosh, karen, i think all of us creative types get these feelings but you are so wonderfully gifted and talented! please don't compare yourself to others and always be true to yourself.

with admiration, always!

xo
elyse

Anonymous said...

I love this post so much. I'm having a week of feeling very inadequate, and have to constantly remind myself to stay true to me, and not compare myself to others. I love blogging, but it's made me feel it more so. I'm taking time to reconnect with my life away from blogging for at least a couple of days. And by the way, I admire anyone who has an etsy shop.

Hugs,
Lisa x

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -