Do What Makes You Happy



Recently I have been trying to get back into getting daily exercise.

Like everything else in my life, unless I make it fun, I will not follow through.


We live in a very hilly neighborhood.


A Once upon a time knee injury keeps me from climbing steep hills.



So, no more excuses...I set out to be creative with a morning walk.  Combining things I like to look at, and a way to capture some interesting finds.


Next to our town is a little town filled with older homes with quaint porches.


Every morning I get up early and drive there and park my car.


I bring my little camera and I walk down streets that make me happy.

Not only will this be enjoyable, but there's no telling what interesting things I might find to photograph.


kimklassencafeToday is Texture Tuesday,  and Kim Klassen surprised us with some new fun brushes. Today is the Anything Goes eDition.

I used Kim's texture called kimklassenlove on my photos, along with her Whimsical Brushes today.

So, now let's take a stroll through Kim's neighborhood of texturized inspiration.


Oh yeah, I also listen to fun music while I walk.
This song is called Walking in the Sun.


Jenni said...

Beautiful photos...and what a great way of exercising and doing what you love, too. Love the texts on your photos.. Really great.
Jenni

Vee said...

Good for you for making it work. What a completely charming neighborhood...so quaint...it might be 100 years ago.

(I haven't done anything like this though it's been on the "to do" list for a long time. I drive, instead, to the cemetery where it's flat and quiet. Buggy and hot, too, but that's another story.)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THERE IS ALWAYS a solution to the glitches that get in our way! When life doesn't fit, we make accomodations!!!!

Oh how these pictures remind me of MARBLEHEAD! Oh, there is a shop there called, ORAMA'S....I love her style.

Have another inspiring day dearest! Anita

Anita said...

Your photos are beautiful. And your song choice is a 'happy' song. Great post!

Deb said...

I really enjoyed this post. It is just beautiful. Well, I must now go for a walk. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4

Beverly said...

You always inspire me. And, what wonderful things you are seeing on your walks. Thank you for sharing.

Kathleen Grace said...

Good for you Karen! I have been trying to get out and get some exercise on a regular basis too. The heat has made me miss more than I would like, but I can honestly say I have made progress.I love this idea, cobining photography with the walk would make it an adventure:>)

Dolores said...

Gorgeous photography.... you have such an eye for capturing beautiful pictures!!

I love the front porch with the rocking chairs!!!

Good luck on your walking....if nothing else, your giving us so much beauty to look at and admire.

The Artful Diva said...

You live in a beautiful area. Keep up with your exercise - it's good for you!

Your photos are very nice.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

I'd say you found some great things to take photos of. That would keep me coming back to the neighbourhood. V

Marilyn said...

Thanks for the photo series. I love your blog so much, I always look forward to your entries. I think I will try driving to a quaint neighborhood nearby and snapping photos. Makes the walk much more interesting!

Teresa said...

What a happy, joyful blog. I love the walk around the neighborhood you have given, lovely . . . .

Elyse said...

those pretty places must have increased your heart rate for sure! i need to get walking more, too. {can i blame the heat?}

xo
elyse

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -