What's it all about Alfie?




I love writing in journals. My collection of writings about the chapters of my life take up several bookcases.


Sometimes, I just like to browse through old journals and reflect.


Remembering the goals that I have achieved, obstacles that have been overcome, and just looking into the windows of the days from Once upon a time.


Today I went to the market and bought a small bouquet of flowers.  Despite the glorious weather we were having, I elected to stay at home and putter around.


I settled into a comfortable chair in my art room and started looking through some of my old journals.  It's amazing how reading an old journal helps me to make sense of things that I am experiencing today.



I found this one, and in it I found pages filled with ideas of things to do.  Much to my surprise I have now done most of those things and traveled to most of the places I was dreaming of then.


It made me so happy that I write and record special moments, and list my goals and creative ideas.  Rereading old journals helps me to connect the dots, and gives me insight into what is really important in life.


Each journal is like a flower in the bouquet of my life.  It helps me to make sense of the past and it comforts me in the now.




I guess you could say that writing about your life, your dreams and your goals helps you to make sense of it all.



Sometimes we forget what we have achieved in this old world.








Writing a journal helps you to feel good about you!




I just love Steve Tyrell, and I love his version of Alfie.
Vee said...

Sometimes I reread my journals and think how much I dislike the person writing it. Guess that's not what you're going for here. ☺

We really are our own worst critics and so when you say that you didn't realize how much you accomplished or how much you've done, that resonates with me.

Snap said...

Wonderful post, Karen ... beautiful and true!

Dolores said...

Karen, this post really made me think, reflect and ...also cry......at this stage of my life and what I'm experiencing....reading my journals makes me cry with happy tears.....happy to have lived my life...but also sad for the here and now.
I love this contemplative post...

Cindy said...

Karen beautiful post, I have been reflecting today too with old photos.
I have kept a few journals but I think I will keep more, sometimes I forget things that were really important through out different times in my life so far. hugs to you.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

As much as I love to write, I am barely coming to the knowledge that a journal is a must for me, especially to practice my poetry. Where have I been all these years??

LOVELY JOURNALS dearest, and bravo to you for having been so faithful to the task! I bet each of your journals is just studded with lovely moments of your life...Anita

Beverly said...

Karen, you well know the wisdom and comfort of keeping a journal. This post is a testament of this practice. Reflection and growth are good things.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -