Post cards from Baby Shower Inspiration


We are so blessed today.

Once upon a time I might have received a pretty card in my mailbox every now and then.  Now I not only receive pretty cards in my e-mail, but a weekly texture from Kim Klassen to play with... Kim always creates the most interesting textures here is a postcard and texture I just received over the weekend.

I received my new fabric design, which is French script bunting using most of my French script fabric designs.


I just shipped it to Judy Ginns in Brisbane Australia.  I can't wait to see what she does with this fabric.  I love her designs on Chasing Mini on Etsy. Look at the ruffle added to this adorable little dress.

Etsy creates the perfect environment for you to get to know such lovely people.  They start out as a customer and soon they become a friend who blesses your life.



 Another blessing is the many ways we can create pretty things today.
Baby Shower favors were on my Baby Shower checklist.  Last week my friend Karen helped me to cut out the boxes for favors from her personal die.  Her little scalloped tops just make them perfect.


Blessing of good friends are another reason to be thankful.
Over the years I have taken so many classes from Karen Provost.  She has been a true inspiration in my life both personally and creatively.  Check out today's post with a recipe for a journal page and tonight's supper.


Then my friend Joyce from Nanas Little Hobby, helped me to assemble all the boxes.

Joyce paints my days with blessings all the time.  This is a photo I took of her during a recent trip to Martha's Vineyard.


Joyce always shares her blessings with me, like her sweet little granddaughter, Kate helped us too.  You might recognize this adorable little girl from our Mad Tea party.  



Now I am using my little Samantha Sea horse design for the top and I'll tie them with ribbons.


Inside are chocolates covered in the same candy paper design, I added a bit of tulle.


Music, how it blesses our days.  We can choose any music at all to serenade our day.  Rain or shine melodies can brighten our days.  Another Katie I love is Katie Mulua, she sings Gold in Them Hills for this post.  I love the words:

"But if we'd only open our eyes
We'd see the blessings in disguise
That all the rain clouds are fountains
Though our troubles seem like mountains."

Tonight we start a cake decorating class.  I'll take pictures to share.  What fun. I am having so much fun creating things for this baby shower, I am going to need a new project when it's over.




Joyce said...

They look wonderful. See you tonight at class, can't wait!

Beverly said...

Karen, you are having fun, and that means we are having fun, too.

When is your sweet grandbaby due to arrive?♥

Vee said...

(Yes, you're right, Karen! A project can set us sailing right along over many a troubled water. I always try to have one in the wings. Though I do confess that sometimes I am hopeless and just take a nap instead.)

Oh this is going to be the best baby shower. What delightful details in everything. And isn't good help a great blessing?!

Jane Doe said...

Your baby showers preparations and creations are so enchanting. What a joy to be blessed with good and gracious friends.

Kathleen Grace said...

This is all so adorable Karen! The bunting fabric,(LOVE!) the lovely little scalloped boxes topped with your whimsical sea horses, enchanting! This shower is going to be fabulous:>)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Karen, you always have SO MANY inspiring crafts to share and most of all, your abundant show of digital art that is just enchanting! See you for the Paris party???? Anita

Dolores said...

What a great idea to decorate the boxes and personalize them in such a beautiful way. They look so beautiful!

You won't need another project after the baby shower...when the baby comes into your life.....you'll be totally absorbed and in love.

Friends are a blessing!!!

Creativity Cake said...

The boxes look wonderful! I think the gold scalloped square accent worked perfectly with your beautiful seahorse. Can't wait to see them in person! Thanks for the links to my site, my wonderful blessed friend!

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -