Wallpaper Inspiration


YAY...As I mentioned yesterday, Spoonflower had some new products that they were adding to their shop.

Today Spoonflower announced the launch of their wallpaper and decal product line.


I've been having so much fun browsing through my fabrics and creating decals and wallpaper over the last few months.  I have still have lots of work to do, but the funny thing is that it doesn't feel like work, it feels more like coloring in a coloring book.

You know a long time ago when I showed my paintings in art shows, I often thought I really would rather paint something to match someone's couch. Of course my peers were horrified.  I never considered myself to be an artist.  I thought of myself more of a designer.

Never did I think that someday I could actually help decorate a room with my artwork. Spilling design ideas all over different kinds of fabrics.

One of my delightful customers decorated this headboard with my French script fabric.

Guess what?  My dream came true...One of my customers who sells miniatures decorated a little couch in my fabrics.  Toni from Mostly Minis creates tiny lovelies.


Here's Toni's latest creation.


One of my favorite friends on Spoonflower calls her shop Art Is Us.  Joan is one of the most beautiful people I have met on Spoonflower.  She has helped me so much and is the person who introduced me to Society6.  Check out her wallpaper,  Joan's designs are lovely.  Here's an example of her new wallpaper that I just love.


This design is called Blossoms in Black Patina collection.  Isn't it gorgeous?


So many of you have inspired me and encouraged me over the years.  If it weren't for you, I don't know if I would have been brave enough to continue to follow my dreams.

After all, here I am in my senior years, and I get to design the things that I first wanted to design At Seventeen.







~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Dreams come true...what a wonderful way to live your life! Doing what you truly enjoy and using the talent you were blessed with. I know it is rewarding. And we ALL love your beautiful designs. When I think of all the designs you've given to us as your blog friends...I know there's a reason you are blessed! I'm happy for you, my friend! Hugs, Diane

Vee said...

Pretty Lady, you are living your dreams. Isn't that cool?! I loved the headboard done in your fabric and the dollhouse sofa...darling! What joy it must be to see your work enjoyed and appreciated this way. You give a lot more than you take, my friend.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THIS IS EXCITING!!!! Wallpaper??? NOW THIS IS GETTING GOOD!!! You have inspired ME so much that I can't get everything done in a day that I want...one day at a time, I keep telling myself!!! BIG HUGS KAREN! Anita

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

So happy that your dreams have come to fruition.
Love the French script on the headboard and darling little sofa.

Have a great week
Hugs
Carolyn

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Karen, you have hardly changed since your picture when you were 17! You're as pretty now as you were then. (we all had that little flip on the ends of our hair!) I love that script fabric on the headboard and on the little sofa. How wonderful to be doing what you love and doing it so beautifully. Congratulations on your grandson. Your life has changed forever. Is his nursery filled with wonderful whimsical drawings by his grandmother? laurie

T. V. said...

Oh Karen! You are as lovely as your very own designs! You still have that 17 glow about you, I know it's the love you have and share! What a wonderful life, you're so caring and giving! I'm so excited about the WALLPAPER!!!! I'm totally in LOVE with the headboard too! And thanks so much for using my little sofa!! This is just tooooo much fun!!! I'm so inspired I'm going back to finish the mini bed I'm doing, of course in Frenchscript fabrics!!! Thanks for the INISPIRATION! I'm so glad your blessings of love and creativity continue to flow to the world!!!!

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -