Texture Inspiration


Today Kim Klassen is hosting Texture Tuesday.  Today is October's Guest Hosted eDition.


After adding Kim's KK Primmed texture to my photos and using Soft Light to adjust the color, I used Lightroom to tint the photos.

Also to add those Vintage looking edges to my photos.



I am taking Kim's Round Trip Lightroom class, and she is having another class beginning October 30th.


I love textures and I love Lightroom 4.  I was looking out for a class, and when I learned that Kim was teaching this class, I was thrilled.


How lucky that Kim is teaching this class.


Wishing you a dreamy day and perhaps A Sailboat in the Moonlight.




If you would like to take home a smile, stop by and visit Marcia from A Shop Around The Corner.


Vee said...

Now this is a simple, simple question because the lightbulb just went on as I was looking at these backgrounds. Would such a background be too busy you think for creating some autumn subway art?

It's always fun to arrive here to see you up to your elbows in some new endeavor. And I noticed on my way past some great new sidebar pics, too, so I'm going to have a better look on my way out.

Vee said...

Oh you've really changed it up a lot since last I noticed. Don't tell me that it's been this way for weeks or I'll worry about myself. Looks great...that's an interesting way of looking at your blog in a magazine view...

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good afternoon, Karen!

I am so late in replying today; I am working on a project for my first art show here in town!

I love what you do with Kim's offerings. The colors on the sails are so distinct and the texture really captures the MOMENT...thank you for coming to my post; I so enjoy creating a moment of a theatre piece when I write!

HAVE FUN TODAY! ANita

Kathleen Grace said...

Wow, these photos look so beautiful. I keep meaning to learn more about photography but no time right now. Some day I hope my pics look as great as yours!

A Fanciful Life said...

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for your kind words about my post today. I love the vintage look of your photos today including the tinting that you did. Isn't Round Trip a great class? I'm so grateful to be taking it - now, to put it into action!

Warmly,
Sharon

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Karen... this is lovely! I wish I had my new computer, but that will come in time. I also wish I could find my camera and its cord. ;-)

I always enjoy seeing what you do.

XO,

Sheila

Sharon said...

Karen, these are lovely! You are inspiring, using so many different processes and textures. I have so much to learn, and it's all so much fun, isn't it?!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks so much for the info, Karen. I will try and see what I can do. It might be that this has just all gotten beyond me. I'm not much on change, and my technical skills are nominal. But thank you for the name of the person who might be able to help. Love you... xoxoxoxox

Currie Silver said...

Karen these are just wonder-filled, like those spinnakers!! It is such fun for me to learn from what others are DOing. I really don't know enough sometimes to ask questions, but what you have shared here helps me to see the questions more clearly.

I love these sailboats especially much!!

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -