In a nesting kind of mood


Lately, I have been in the mood to cook.  I had to move my computer into the kitchen because the internet isn't working as well where I usually sit.


Instead of helping me to focus, it has been a tug of war.  Getting me in the mood to cook and nest.  I have stack of books that I want to read, and some Christmas projects sitting on the dining room table.


Sometimes, I just want to sit with my Samantha and cuddle up with a good book.

 Soon, I'll begin to decorate for Christmas.  It's hard to believe that it's Christmastime already.


I guess I am in that nesting kind of mood, which I seem to get into during this time of year.  The leaves are all on the ground ready to rake.




We were all nesting yesterday when RJ was over for a visit.  Oatmeal cookies were in the oven, Ricky was repairing our walkway, my husband was raking the leaves while the girls and Ashley were outside enjoying this unseasonably warm weather.





Thanksgiving is next week and I'll begin to plan the meal.    I'll be browsing through stacks of cookbooks but end up making the same thing I always do.



I've been inspired to paint a little, and of course I design from time to time.  But, my "virtual world" has been neglected of late, and I have to say I've really been in a nesting kind of mood.  How about you?

Steve Tyrell always sings such lovely background music when I am in the mood to nest and get cozy.  He always leads me to The Sunny Side of The Street.










Snap said...

It is nesting time. Enjoy it!

Kathleen Grace said...

Pretty Kitchen Karen! I'm nesting furiously over here! The past week Earl and I have moved about half of everything in the house to the basement, torn up the old carpet, and the installers come tomorrow to put down new wood floors. Then it's put everything back together, host Thanksgiving, Lauren gets married the week after that and then Christmas! I may need a nap the whole month of January:>)
Your day with the family sounded like the perfect day, with everyone doing something cozy and all together:>) Enjoy the nesting and don't worry about the virtual world until you want to. The real world is beckoning!

Dolores said...

Karen, your kitchen is gorgeous, I love the granite, the island and the deep rich cabinetry!!!

I'm the same way about looking through my cook books and then.....cooking the old familiar recipes.

Hugs....

Blondie's Journal said...

Wonderful post, Karen, and I really enjoyed seeing pictures of your sweet and cozy home! It's so cold here there is nothing better to do then nest! Love seeing pics of RJ! He is getting so big!

XO,
Jane

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

So sweet....the baby, the doggy, the cookies, raking leaves. Sigh. Love it. And, that kitchen, no wondered you want cook ;) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving...enjoy your trademark dishes!!

Anita said...

Your post makes me want to get a cup of hot tea and get out my cookbooks. Your grandson is adorable!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I totally understand my dear. My leaves are left unraked, for I have been busy preparing for my first art show here in town this Saturday. My beautiful home has been neglected because EVERY DAY I am creating something new. I am now taking a writing course and that is also one of my biggest passions that I need to tend to. But to nest? It has to be one of the things I love the most, but I cannot complain; I love what I am doing.

I wish you a wonderful SNUGGLE TIME with Samantha (oh dear, she is cute) and that gorgeous new baby boy!! Anita

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I am itching to start nesting my my new home...can't wait for the move on Nov 26th.

Love your kitchen!
Hugs,
Penny

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I know what you mean. I want to do so many things all at once I can not focus on one thing. Love your kitchen.
Janice

Susan Shull said...

Clicked over from Jane's. Nesting is a good, good thing!

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -