A Brand New Organized Year


When I first received word from Apple that my hard drive was recalled I shrieked a little.  My story is that I am a very disorganized artist.  I am always more consumed with creating skatey-eight designs, rather than filing all these numerous files in an organized fashion.


My computer is back, but not without a few hitches.  I won't bore you with the details. Suffice to say that I am still working out the new things and I am learning about Time Machine backup on my Apple iMac.


The good news is that with the hard drive recall, I am now writing from a virtually brand new computer.  So, I have vowed to be better at filing and trying to manually send these files to an external drive, just in case.

I am kinda glad that the Time Machines didn't work as well as promised with Applications.  (A word to the wise keep your software discs and put the serial number to those babies somewhere safe.)  Because it has given me a new approach to the new year.


For instance, I have just joined Adobe Creative Cloud.  A wonderful new way of being able to use software which is much more efficient than cluttering my computer with this and that.  Not to mention that the annual subscription is less than the cost of one software package I have been coveting.


Change is good and as much as this old gal has been living... "don't make me over", it's time for sailing through my day to day work and that means less clutter.  That means a make-over in my thinking.




I am nesting a brand new resolution for the New Year.  First and foremost I hope not to clutter my art room, computer files and photo library.

Although I will miss the Christmas season, I am working on putting away all my little seasonal bits and putting my house back together with less clutter too.




Most of all I begin this new year with a spirit of thankfulness to the Lord for all of His blessings.


Vee said...

Which reminds me...I have a bunch of files to move to Lacie (exterior hard drive). I hate doing it, too. Why? Takes time.

I'm glad that you have a nearly new computer to work with and that you have been learning ways to make your life as an artist easier.

Hope that the New Year continues to treat you well. Oh, this is just a reminder...you're going to meet a handsome one-year-old this year. ;>

Blondie's Journal said...

January is the time to organize, so say the magazines! Maybe it's because we are left with a clean slate once the Christmas decor is packed up, so we want to de-clutter. It's a very positive way to start the year!

XO,
Jane

Pondside said...

One of the greatest gifts of the new year is the opportunity for reflection and reorganization. It sounds like you're well on your way with both! I admire your ability (and willingness!) to embrace the changes to your technology - have fun with all the new elements!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

There's so much we need to do to keep our computers updated. I'm glad my hubby takes care of most of that. I had a computer die last year and lost some of my photos. It sure felt bad! I've enjoyed your beautiful photos in this post! Hugs!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dear Karen,

there are so many changes coming down the pike and organization of our most beloved pieces whether photos or manuscripts have to be organized safely. I wish you well! Anita

Dolores said...

Organizing is exactly what I've been doing too!!! I've also been filling the trunk of my car with 'stuff' to donate to our re-sale shop. It really is a good feeling for me to do this........
Hope you all are doing well!!
Hugs,

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -