Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Fly me to the moon



We got a bit of snow and I'm loving it.  Wishing you a Happy New Year.  We stayed in last night, but my daughter Sarah and her boyfriend, Mike got to go to First Night in Boston for the festivities and fireworks.




Going into the New Year I have to say goodbye to my iMac for a week.  Apple is replacing my hard drive.  It wasn't easy cleaning up my 10,000 or so photos and backing everything up.  But after a few long hours it's finally done.

I am always in search of inexpensive ways to create art.  I recently uploaded some of my photography to create decals on Spoonflower.  This one is called Snowy Gazebo Blue.

For just $5.00 I printed a 5" x 5" decal and purchased some chubby 5" square canvases from my craft store.  They were on sale for $3.00.  So ta da, I just popped this on the canvas, because the decals have self-adhesive.  They are also treated with special products to be exposed to the elements, so I didn't have to do a thing.

I recently uploaded a photograph to Society6 of my favorite barn in Pennington, New Jersey.  It brought back memories of painting this beautiful setting in all season.  Maybe it was a good reminder that going back to painting would be a good goal for 2013.


So, now I am off to fly to the moon...for a week without my trusty friend, my iMac.

I think I will make use of this time to draw, paint, photograph and play in my non-virtual world.



See you soon.
Post a Comment