Spring Daydreams and a little nesting in North Carolina


So, here we are in North Carolina and enjoying warmer weather than back home….WHAAAAt.  Snow?  Yes it snowed here and gave me all the more reason to nest at home.  I find it impossible to believe I was posting recently when the weather was 60 degrees.



I love Michael Feinstein, I could listen to him all day.  Let me share the link to him singing My Funny Valentine.



Don't hate me, but I really loved seeing the snow.  Views I typically have back in Massachusetts.   I have this wonderful window in my art room above my desk.  When I looked up this morning I could see the snowflakes falling against the gray sky.



Snowy days always make me want to bake something so, I went downstairs to cook a little.  Just in case we lost power later.  I lit the fire and headed for the kitchen to make a wonderful recipe I found on-line from the Pioneer Woman.  



I have a bouquet of tulips on my kitchen counter.  Here is the view of my window from my kitchen in our cute little house.

These pretty tulips gave me the inspiration to put my vase on the patio for some pretty pictures.  Snowy views, tulips and Spring daydreams.


So far so good, we haven't lost power yet.  Dinner is made and I am ready to nest some more.


Hope your day is filled with Spring Daydreams. Whether you are enjoying Spring temperatures or lost in snowy days like me, I hope that you have the loveliest Valentine's Day.












The Quintessential Magpie said...

Looks gorgeous! The tulips and the snow!

Stay warm!

xo

Sheila

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Karen, please forgive any typos in that last comment. This IPAD gives me fits on small print. Yeah, just blame it on the IPAD. ;-)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I was thinking of you when we were getting all of this snow. I thought it would make you a little less homesick!
Hugs,
Penny

Vee said...

Oh somehow I knew that you'd enjoy the snow and make the very best of it. We are "enjoying" a Nor'easter now and I am feeling quite cozy tonight. I had hoped to bake, but got too busy with grands who were home from school.

Snap said...

I bet you thought you'd left those snowy days behind! Beautiful nesting ... I do love tulips! Stay warm.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Karen my DEAR! We have been blown away by the odd weather hitting you our there! Well, you have a brilliant mind that will take you wherever you want in your imagination. We will all wait for the real spring to come, but for now, our imaginations will take us there! GOod to see your post! Anita

Sarah said...

Karen, it warmed to the 60s here today and felt good to walk in the sunshine. Your snowy scene is very restful, and the contrast of the pretty tulips makes a lovely vignette. Happy Valentine's Day, dear friend.

Blondie's Journal said...

I love looking at the snow, even being outside in it as long as I don't have to drive in it! Or worry about my kids driving in it!! The photo of the tulips in the snow is beautiful. And so is your home. What part of North Caroline are you in?

XO,
Jane

Pondside said...

Beautiful views, Karen, inside and outside. I'm glad the snow brought you pleasure. That's how I feel about it too, as we get so little snow here. I have a bouquet of yellow tulips in the kitchen - sunshine in a vase!

Kathleen Grace said...

Oh so pretty! I admit, I'm dreaming more of Spring and hoping for less of winter now, but you have to admit, new snow is pretty. Happy Valentines Day Karen!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Karen, Beautiful snow and the tulips outdoors make the pics perfect. Stay warm and sending hugs for a very Happy Valentine's Day.
XO

Beverly said...

So very pretty, Karen. Happy Valentine's Day. Please share this with us at Pink Saturday.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -