A Little Friday Inspiration


I just love Dena Fishbein and all of her amazing creations on Dena Designs.  I wrote a post about her ideas for embellishing throw pillows a while back.  Here is her Youtube channel, filled with inspiration.

One of her favorite things to do is purchase Vintage salt and pepper shakers and turn them into tiny vases. I purchased these yesterday in a nearby Vintage market and went outside to cut tiny buds to put inside.  Dena says it makes the perfect little gift too.


Here's a video of embellishing a tote bag, which I want to try using one of my totes.  I love embellishing, and this seems like a fun project.



As I sit here this morning, I have a vase next to me filled with Tiger Lilies.  They always remind me of summers that I spent in the Hamptons with my Mom and sisters.


The house that they were living in was in Water Mill, NY.  When I went to visit them on weekends from Manhattan,  I was greeted by hundreds of Tiger Liles lining their driveway.  Flowers hold so many memories.
My sister, Lynne now lives in Pinehurst, NC with my brother-in-law, Steve.  Last weekend we took a drive to visit them and toured the Pinehurst Resort.




The 2014 US. Open Golf Championship will be held this June at the Pinehurst Resort.  June 12, 2014



After we sat on the porch and looked out at the greens, we walked through the charming town and I spotted the most glorious Magnolia trees.


The flowers look like teacups that you would see in a fairytale.



I will be packing my bags to head home to Massachusetts late June for my Mother's 88th Birthday.  Here she is modeling one of my tote bags for a listing on my shop.  She is so cute and amazing at 87 years old.

So, I want to tackle a list of things before heading home.  


I have a list of things that I would like to create today.  Fridays are always a good day to create, bake and read.

What are you creating?










Vee said...

Not one thing, though I am hoping you had a happy day creating. It looks so beautiful where you are.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Karen, your mother, 87? GOD BLESS HER! And your tote that she is modeling, that is so gorgeous with the blue hydrangeas! There are some gorgeous places in the world, and our country is one of them. What fabulous architecture and history in all of the places you've lived!

Have a super Saturday. Anita

Celestina Marie said...

Good Morning Dear Karen, Lovely post with amazing pics and info for creating. Thank you for sharing the links too. What a beautiful area your sister lives in. The Magnolia tree is amazing and I too share mine in this weekend post. They are truly giving us a show this season even after the long hard winter.

Wishing your darling mother a Happy 88th Birthday. Love the pic of her modeling your gorgeous Hydrangea tote. Have a wonderful time celebrating her birthday.

Blessings for a great weekend.
Hugs!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet mother! It's a beautiful time of year in NC! Enjoy your week! Sweet hugs, Diane

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -