Simply Irresistible, London




When Anita from Castles, Crowns and Cottages announced the Europe: Simple Irresistible Link Party, I was so excited.  Anita is one of my favorite friends in the Land of Blog and everything that she does is so lovely.





July 18 thru July 25th you can tour Europe through the eyes of your favorite bloggers.  Just stop by Anita's place and visit all the links to Europe.


For me it meant an opportunity to reopen the pages of my scrapbook about London and tour old memories with my daughter Ashley.


She was just twelve years old and seeing London was amazing, but seeing it through her eyes is unforgettable.  Thanks to Ashley, we got tickets for the double-decker bus and toured London effortlessly.





Ashley is a grown woman now with two children of her own.  Someday she will experience the joy of sharing adventures with her children.



Simply Irresistible is a chance to share some of my favorite memories.

I remember the thrill that I got when we drove passed Berkeley Square.  Our driver pointed it out and suddenly that old tune, A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square was serenading me.




Like postcards from an old friend, each page of my scrapbook reminded me of the sights and sounds of London.


Our hotel was just around the corner from Buckingham Palace, which meant strolls along daffodil lined paths leading to the Palace and meeting up with some old friends for lunch.




Of course we had to see the Queen.

Taken at Madame Tussauds

The London Eye is so amazing and her incredible views...


Convent Gardens was amazing, with the colorful shopping, and the awesome street performers,


 We shopped in the marketplace and brought home wonderful treasures.  Ashley selected a sign for our home with our name.  That sign still graces our home in Boston, and makes me smile every time I walk up the path to our door.







We took a train ride from Victoria Station to Windsor to see my old friend Susan, and have tea in Windsor, 


and visited Windsor Castle.



Speaking of Castles...crowns and cottages, I want to thank you Anita for hosting such a fun event.

Now grab something sweet from Harrods and be on your way to visit all the wonderful places in Europe linked to Antia's blog, Castles, Crowns, and Cottages.

HARRODS LONDON



Thank you for allowing me to take you on a tour through our memories of seeing the magic of London.




Sarah said...

Karen, this was fun! My first trip overseas was to London. It was and always will be a highlight among my travels. Thanks for sharing your trip and memories. It was delightful!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Karen,

THANK YOU. I am making my rounds to enjoy myself this morning, and I have my cup of tea at hand.

I love what you said about Ashley, and how if not for her, you wouldn't have gone up on that double-decker bus. Through the eyes of a child can we enter through doors that we may just pass up. But thanks to their willingness to visit what we may find ordinary or touristy, we can there find treasures - those "memorizing" moments that you have coined.

Your mention of my blog and link party is so kind and special, and I want to again thank you for the effort you've made to share your scrapbook of inspiration with us via England....a place of iconic dreams and dear blogger friends.

HAVE FUN VISITING the others!!! Anita

Vee said...

Delightful! My favorite is the scene from the top if the double decker bus...such a neat perspective. I also visited Anita this morning...quite magical!

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

I loved your tour, Karen! Beautiful photos!!!
My daughter and I visited London in 1998. So many wonderful memories. She was 23 and took a ton of b&w photos. Lunch & shopping at Harrod's, Madame Tussauds, the National Gallery (I'll never forget seeing Renoir's 'The Umbrellas'), Bath, Windsor castle, Stonehenge, the Salisbury Cathedral... too much to mention.

So glad you shared your trip with all of us!

Hugs,
Lin

Celestina Marie said...

Good Morning Karen, What a wonderful trip for you and Ashley to London. Each and every photo captures the adventure of such a dream destination. How special to have a photo with the queen. You truly made special memories for a lifetime.
Loved your post.
Thank you for sharing.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs

Personally selected products said...

Good afternoon Karen!!

  What wonderful photos you have shown in London! during the last 4 years I have visited quite often that wonderful city. Today I miss and you're making me remember the good times. It is wonderful!

Thanks to Anita today I can enjoy your pictures and this fantastic Link Party!.
I love your pictures, and I'm enjoying your photos and those explendido places thanks to you!

I wish you a great weekend.
Today I am happy to have met you, I hope you visit me

Luisa from Madrid ...
personally selected products

Personally selected products said...

Good afternoon Karen!!

  What wonderful photos you have shown in London! during the last 4 years I have visited quite often that wonderful city. Today I miss and you're making me remember the good times. It is wonderful!

Thanks to Anita today I can enjoy your pictures and this fantastic Link Party!.
I love your pictures, and I'm enjoying your photos and those explendido places thanks to you!

I wish you a great weekend.
Today I am happy to have met you, I hope you visit me

Luisa from Madrid ...
personally selected products

Unknown said...

I really miss London, I spent a lot of summers there in the city and visiting friends in the county on weekends. I one thing I loved about the city was every balcony, every piece of land had beautiful flowers.

Thank you for the visit down memory lane.

Claudia

Unknown said...

Karen,
I have a soft spot for London, it's one of my favorite cities and you covered so many of the special places I like to go when I'm there...thank you! I hope you will stop by, as I also participated in Anita's lovely party.

xo Mary Jo

"Create Beauty" said...

Such beautiful photos and lovely memories! Thank you for sharing them and joining the party!
My post is about England too... and a tiny little cottage in the Cotswolds....

Blessings!
~ Violet

La Contessa said...

How gorgeous you got to spend time there with your daughter........I took my SONS to PARIS last year and it was a trip of a lifetime for me!I haven't been to LONDON since 1981.........its time to go again as I need to catch a glimpse of that little PRINCE who will be ONE on my BIRTHDAY too next week!
THANKS for sharing............ANITA sent me......I'm LA CONTESSA of the VINTAGE HEN HOUSE!

Anonymous said...

Karen, your scrapbook of memories of London is just lovely! You and Ashley had the perfect adventure together at such an exciting time in her life. Both of you can treasure the memories forever! ♡Dawn

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Karen,
Thank you for sharing your beautiful memories of London. Your photos are so special, and I loved the music.. He is one of my favorite artists.
fondly,
Penny

Constance said...

Good Saturday to you Karen!

I adore everything about London, and you pointed out so many of the great things to see and do in that fabulous City!

The Nat King Cole song makes me nostalgic...

Am really loving Anita's link party:)

Sandy at You May Be Wandering said...

What a fabulous post!!! Thank you so much for sharing your "scrapbook" from your London trip...I felt like I was there! xoxo

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

How lovely to see your photos and it must have been a fabulous trip for you and Ashely. I enjoyed seeing your wonderful photos - we did the same tour around London on the double decker bus and could have spent all day shopping and looking around Harrods. Thanks for sharing and brought back happy memories for me.
Enjoy your Sunday
Carolyn

toves sammensurium said...

Hi Karen!!
I am working my way down Anitas list and visiting so many wonderful blogs with som many fantastic destinations.But London…London is truly in my heart!!!!!´ve been there 3 times so far and am hoping to take another trip this autumn!My last trip was last spring ,and with me was my daughter at 10,so quite similar to your tour with your daughter.Now my girl is in love with London too!! ;) you should have seen her eyes when we drove around in the double-decker too!Amongst many other things - there´s so much to experience both for children and grown ups!
Beautiful city - I´d go anytime and lucky for me it is a quick and cheap flight,takes only close to two hours directly from me!
I hope you get to go at least one more time!!!
Tove :)

Karena said...

Thank you for sharing so many delightful memories of london. It helped me remember what an adventure it was when we went for my late husband's 50th birthday!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Simply Irresistible:Europe

Rhonda said...

How did you get each image to look like a postcard, brilliant!!

Beautiful tour and I thank you for such an unique experience.

Rhonda

Rhonda said...

How did you get each image to look like a postcard, brilliant!!

Beautiful tour and I thank you for such an unique experience.

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Love this look into your scrapbook. I loved London. It was such a different vibe from what I was used to. And seeing it through thee eyes of a 12 yrs. old certainly gives you a different perspective. Visiting from Anita and thoroughly enjoyed my visit.

Lynne said...

Karen, we have a bit in common. I too traveled to London with my daughter, Chrislyn when she was 12. (It was in 1995.) She is now 31, has been married almost five years, and has two children.

I so enjoyed jumping into your scrapbook, and touring London with you and Ashley atop the double decked bus!
Thank you for taking me along!
withLove!

Marijke said...

Creative outlay of your blog and inspiration of England!
groetjes van Marijke
www.bij-marijke-thuis.blogspot.nl

It's me said...

Wonderful post ...great party !!..thanks for Anita !!!..love Ria...x !

Palomasea said...

What beautiful memories, dear Karen...made all the more special by
the company of your sweet daughter!
London through your eyes is magical indeed...I certainly hope to travel there one day...
Thank you so much for sharing your special trip! And yet another thank you to our dear Anita for connecting us all in this way... :)
xoxo,
- Irina

Anonymous said...

Delightful pictures and memories you've shared with us today, Karen.
Love the graphics you added too.
Much love.

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Hello dearest Karen,
This was so very very enjoyable! I loved every bit of this tour!
Thank you for sharing and all the work that went into it! Lovely lovely!!!
Many many blessings, Linnie

Gail Griner Golden at Gail-Friends said...

Oh, how I enjoyed this post, Karen. London is on my bucket list. Hopefully, hubby and I will visit there next year.

Blessings,
GG

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -