Decorating with Shabby Chic Fabric Roses

The details of the wedding are coming together, and I was sewing something today for the ceremony.  I stopped to take a break and to create a new item that I have been thinking about.  Listening to Celine Dion sing The Color of My Love.



I love vintage roses, especially to decorate a gift, pin on a jacket or accessorize something or other.

Recently I painted pink cabbage roses and turned them into fabric.  Spoonflower has a lovely cotton voile, which looks similar to nylon that they use for vintage flowers. Soft and transparent enough to give the effect I wanted, I call the design A Shabby Chic Rose Soft.

I started off by ordering a fat quarter of this design in my shop on Spoonflower.  I had it printed in their soft cotton voile fabric.


I  cut out the flowers, and using the flower shape as my template, I cut out a few in plain nylon to go in-between the flower petals.  Stacking them to create a fat enough flower.

Sewing them together and alternating between the plain nylon flower petals and my cabbage rose petals.  Using a pretty pink button, I sewed it on to create the center of the flower blossom.

I used a circle of felt on the back to secure the flower and to allow me to later add a pin for my purse or lapel, or ribbon to  attach to a gift.

Sarah's Birthday is next week, so I wanted to use this one to go on top of her gift.  So, I sewed a bit of ribbon to tie to the ribbon around the gift.


I used my Pink Cabbage Roses on French Script gift wrap design to wrap her gift.  I then attached my pink rose flower to the top of the gift.
(I also have gift wrap available in the Pink Cabbage Roses Design).
Ta Da...some gift wrap, cut-out voile flower petals and a bit of stitches.

The fat quarter hosts enough petals for several flowers.
 Here it is all ready to present.  I found an aqua gift envelope to match perfectly.

Have a beautiful day filled with gifts and smiles.  Now back to my sewing project for the ceremony.



The Quintessential Magpie said...

I adore everything... The paper, the fabric, and the roses, Karen! They are stunning!

I hope all goes smoothly for your wedding. I was supposed to go to NH for a wedding, but our plans changed when I had the fall. Bummer! I am okay, but I just can't take a train trip and car trips that are sooooo long. I had also hoped to see Concord, but it will have to wait.

xo

Sheila

Unknown said...

Those are gorgeous!!

Beverly said...

Gorgeous, Karen. Please tell me you will share this with us for Pink Saturday. It is perfect, and Pink Saturday isn't the same without you.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning lovely friend....who would want to open this because the wrapping itself is a gift! Karen, you are gifted, your world is COLORFUL with the hues of love. I wish you all such happiness as marriages, births and family events continue to spool out into a work of art. LOVE!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Karen, so glad the wedding preparations are coming along and that you had the time to break and create this gorgeous shabby chic rose soft. LOVE it and especially from your fabric design. Just package perfect.
Wishing you a Happy September and wonderful weekend.
XOXO

Anonymous said...

I love it all, Karen, the paper, the fabric, the felt flower, but most of all the graphic. Would love to hear from you on what program you use for turning your paintings into graphics.
Never heard that song, but it was beautiful.
Much love.

Elyse said...

awww!

how pretty is this!?

happy september wishes!

xo
elyse

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -